TLW: Bill x Reader - The End?

Back in the winter of 2017, I was planning on ending this one-shot book, which explains the wintery theme to this one as well. This one is fully written and completed. It was my bittersweet goodbye to Gravity Falls and Bill Cipher.  

"Heya Bill!" A smile crept onto your face as you shoved your gloved hands into the jacket's pockets.

"Gettin' pretty chilly here in Gravity Falls now that winter's coming," As if on cue, a gust of air carried a few snowflakes into your hair. The frosty air nipping at your already red nose.

"Wish you were here to see the snow with me...I know you're off doing business elsewhere," You sighed, a puff of steam escaped your lips. It's been awhile since you last talked to Bill but you didn't mind. The wait would be worth it soon enough.

"You know, things changeWell you probably know that since you're a centuries-old demon..." An empty laughed echoed out of your mouth, "and you probably already know what's become of Gravity Falls."

"You don't mind if I sit, do you?"

Instead of waiting for a reply you sat down on the ground, leaning against a nearby tree, the snow on the ground crunched as you sat on it. The tree shook as you propped yourself against its trunk, sending some snow to land on your hair but you didn't pay attention. You only tucked your legs into your arms, hoping to provide them with some warmth.

"Mabel and Dipper have come to visit. In fact, they're here for winter break."

Your teeth bit into your gums. Old memories resurfaced themselves in your mind, playing them in a loop. All the time you spent with the Pines twins and the crazy adventures that tagged along. Not to forget Bill was there too, even if he was the villain of your life's story.

"They've grown up into some good teenagers," A twang of nostalgia struck your heartstrings, "We miss you."

"Well, I do at least..." Tears welled up in your eyes, the cold stinging them. A lump in your throat began to form. Old memories were overflowing in the back of your mind now, and so were your tears. You exhaled a breath and smiled, trying to keep up a brave face.

"I know, I know, I shouldn't cry." You wiped away the tears that stained your face with your gloves. "How can I not?"

For a few moments, you sat in silence. It was needed on your part as you had time to collect your emotions and thoughts.

"I should get going, don't want to catch a fever and have you worried," You stood up and wiped the snow off your bottom.

"Oh! Before I go, I got you a little gift!" You slide off your backpack, your hand reaching into fish out the present.

From the bag, you brought out a yarn scarf. The garment was knitted with golden yarn, the ends becoming a brick pattern. It took you three days to finish it for this visit. You figured Bill would appreciate it more than you would. Besides, it gets chilly out in the woods of Gravity Falls.

"It's to help with the freezing weather," You wrapped the scarf around his triangular sides, positioning it properly so it wouldn't fall off.

Taking a step back, you admire your handy work, "Hmm, it looks good on you," you chuckled.

"So...I'll be going now." You took a step back from Bill, watching as the scarf swayed in the winter breeze.

Your hands clenched in your jacket pockets. Hesitantly, you move on the balls of your feet, ready to leave but not completely. Steam exhales from your sigh and its captured by the air.

"Just so you know...I still love you."

But the statue didn't respond. If he could, he would have said the same thing.

Who am I kidding? It's just a statue. You scoff at your foolish confession, turning to leave the clearing. Snow crunches under your boots, and yet, you turn around to steal one last glance. 

Returning back to the path, you begin walking along the forest, a whisper leaving your lips.

"See you on the flip side, Cipher. Until then, I guess this is goodbye."

Yeah, it is a short bittersweet ending! And this concludes our 'The Lost Works' section of the one-shots! I hope you enjoyed this week filled with fluff and angst. Maybe I'll get back to writing or maybe I won't! In the meanwhile, I am finishing up my Bill Cipher fic Is That A Deal, so if you want any more Bill Cipher, head over there!

Thanks for joining me guys.

(October 18th 2015-March 29th 2018)