Embrace

He led me to the roof top of the school, which was breath taking.

Flowers everywhere, birds chirping, a cool breeze. It was relaxing.

He walked toward a bench and sat down and me well, I stood there overwhelmed by the beauty in front of me. He looked over at me with a small smile on his face and said,

"Come on, have a seat."

I glanced at him for a split second and nodded. I walked to the bench and sat on the other side of him. I sat there uncomfortable and awkward, I think I made that obvious.

He took off his back pack and made himself comfortable. He looked toward me and with a calm almost direct tone

"so what's your name?"

"Jordan, yours?"

"I'm Jay" an awkward silence grew between us.

"Hey... I have a question." I asked

"Anything." He replied.

"Why did you bring me up hear?" He sat there shocked and puzzled.

Before he could say anything I said,

"Why did you help me? You don't even know me."

He took a deep breath and spoke,

"You looked hurt. I hate it when someone is hurt. I couldn't just leave you there to suffer."

"Why? You don't even care."

I interrupted him before he could finish. I looked up at him and my eyes started to water.

"No one has ever cared."

I said while shaking and putting all of my strength into not bursting into tears.

His eyes started to turn into a sincere and understanding look. I looked back at the ground and all of a sudden I feel arms around me. I was engulfed by his embrace. He was hugging me. I was absolutely stunned and scared at the same time. I had no idea what to do next. He slowly let go of me and sat up straight again.

"I know it sucks. I know it hurts, but trust me when I say this. It'll be okay. It may seem like everything is just awful and nothing brings you happiness, but just know that once you hit rockbottom. Your darkest and worst possible state of sadness. There's no other way expect up."

His words hit me and started to sink into me, they started to make sense but I was still scared. He noticed that I looked puzzled and he said with a soft gentle tone

"Wanna be friends?" I looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah...I'd like that.