Fruit Tray

The school day, finally was over. I couldn't be anymore grateful.

Jay and I met up at the front of the school and we walked home together. We lived actually really close to each other.

We decided today we would go to Jay's house and study for finals that were coming up in a week.

We walked up on his porch and into the front door. We both took off our shoes and headed to the kitchen for a snack. I say "we" because I'm hear so much that it's practically my second home.

We always took turns picking a snack. Today it was Jay's turn.

While he was choosing our snack I got glasses of water ready. I turned around and Jay was cutting up some fruit.

"Nice choice Jay, Haha" I giggled

"Thanks" He chuckled I turned back to the glasses of water and I picked them up and headed to Jay's room.

I walked up the stair carefully and cautiously. When I entered Jay's room I felt at peace. There was something about the atmosphere that made all my stress and anxiety go away. It seemed magical, it was hard to explain.

I walked to Jay's bedside table and I set the drinks down. I sat on the edge of his bed and took a deep breathe of relief. I started to unpack my back pack of my books and study guides. I usually hate to study, but when I study with him it just flows and I can understand the material.

He always made things simple, but understandable. As soon as I finished unpacking my school bag, Jay walked in the room and sat down with a plater of fruit. There was a variety, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and more.

"It looks beautiful Jay." I commented.

He smiled at me and we both grabbed for a piece. I took a bite and all the wonderful tasty juices came rushing into my mouth.

A burst of energy came upon me and I was ready to start working. I wiped my mouth dry and sat up straight.

Jay set aside the tray of fruit and we began to work.