Crushed

"So, I was in 5th grade and I was turning 12. I was so excited to have my friends come to celebrate. When it was time to open my gifts I got even more excited. I got a camera for my birthday. My parents knew how much I loved photography and just cameras in general. I couldn't believe I finally had one for my own. I took pictures of anything and everything. \

The following week I had to go back to school. Everyone in my class was asking me what I got and what I did. I felt pretty overwhelmed by the people that surrounded me. I'm usually someone who no one talks to. I kind of enjoyed it, but all good things have to come to an end.

This girl named Lily who was the "popular girl" of the class came up to me. She said to me with a snotty tone. "Aww... you turned a year older! I can see it in your "wrinkles."

Everyone started to laugh and I felt somewhat confused and hurt. All I could do in that very second was just run away. I hated the feeling of being hurt. Even though I'm hurt 99% of the time.

Once it was the weekend I decided I wanted to go take some pictures, and I did. I quite enjoyed myself and the beauty of nature that was around me. Leaves falling, bright colors, and a cool wind. I felt happy in my little bubble.

The following week came up and I brought my camera to school because I started to take a "Photography Club" which, I actually really enjoyed, and I made new "friends." I was walking down the hallway stairs and "little miss perfect" bumped into me.

My books fell everywhere and so did my camera. My heart dropped to my stomach. I ran to my camera and picked it up. "I-It's broken." The lens shattered and so did my heart.

I loved that camera so much. It was almost like therapy to me. I looked up the stairs and Lily was standing there with an evil grin on here face.

"Awww... I'm sorry. I guess you wont be able to take pictures anymore." She laughed and walked away.

I felt absolutely broken and scared because... "What am I going to say to my parents?" They won't believe me that someone bumped into me on "purpose."

I didn't know what to do. I never told my parents, and I never hung out with anyone after that. The only reason I had friends was because of my camera and the club. I never wanted to go to school, but my mom made me.

I was walking threw the main hallway and once I did everyones eyes were on me and I had no idea why. I heard people whispering. Then some weren't so quiet,

"I know. Like who would just break their own camera and blame it on someone else, just for attention, how pathetic!"

Those words still haunt me to this day.

My entire social life was over completely and... so was my dignity."