"Yes..."

I opened my eyes and my breathe was taken away.

There I see Jay standing under a canopy holding the prettiest bouquet of roses.

I held my hands to my face and began crying tears of joy.

"Jay... what is this?" I said while laughing.

He walked toward me and stood right in front of me.

"Jordan, will you go to the dance with me?" I was stunned by his question and it took me a minute or two to respond.

I began to cry and laugh at the same time. I wiped my face to regroup with myself and stared into his eyes.

"Yes," I said while reaching in for a hug.

Jay's worried face turned into a smile within seconds of me saying yes.

We both let go and stared into each others eyes. I saw a sparkle in his eyes and the biggest smile on his face and I couldn't be any more happy.

"Hey... how about we go get something to eat?"

"Yea...I'd like that." We both took a step back and headed for the car.

I felt so grateful for my best friend for asking me because no one else would.

Once we reached the car he opened my door for me and I thanked him. He got into the car and started the engine. The whole ride to town I just smiled. Jay noticed and asked.

"What are you thinking about?" I looked toward him and replied

"I don't know... you, but Jay... thank you."

He knew what I meant and he smiled at me and said,

"No problem, just remember to be happy."

Once we were done talking we arrived at our favorite restaurant. We entered the restaurant and waited for our seats. A waitress came and brought us to our table. We ordered our food and drinks and once our food arrived. We talked for what seemed like five minutes, but was actually an hour.

After we were done, Jay asked me,

"Hey there's something I want to show you."

"Okay." I answered.

We went to the car and hopped in, Jay drove a little distance away and parked the car. We both exited the car and Jay gestured his hands for me to follow him. I walked over to him and we entered a building and walked up a stair case.

"Okay, I need you to close your eyes again." He said.

I laughed and closed my eyes. Jay led me out of a door and all of a sudden stopped.

"Okay... open your eyes." I opened my eyes and my breath was taken away.

I look out to see a city full of lights, busy streets, and a sky full of stars. I held my hands over my heart and smiled, still stunned about what was in front of me. Jay came to my side and asked,

"So what do you think?"

I had no words to respond, the view was absolutely extraordinary. Jay glanced over to me eager to know what my thoughts were, but once he saw my face. He knew exactly what I was thinking.

I finally came back to reality and looked over at Jay. Our eyes connected and I felt at peace. We both smiled at each other and all I could say was

"Thank you." I reached in for a hug and Jay came and wrapped his arms around me. I felt so save in his arms, he made me feel like the happiest girl in the world.

He made me proud to call him my best friend.