Rose Garden

I got to school and immediately got a text.

It was from Jay.

"Hey!, I'm by my locker. Come by before class. xox" I started to smile and walked fast to his locker.

His locker was fairly close to mine so it was easy to find him. Once I got to his locker, I saw him looking for something in it. So, I snuck up behind him and tried to scare him. He's not easy to scare so my plan failed.

Once he saw me his eyes began to sparkle and his face lit up. He smiled and I felt so happy. His smile could make me happy within seconds.

"Hey Jord! How'd you sleep,"

"Great actually!" I replied.

"That's good, how about we take a little walk before class? Sound good?"

"Yea! That sounds great actually!"

He gathered all the books he needed and we headed toward the roof again.

Whenever Jay and I had free time, we would come up here and just talk and look at the flowers. I loved doing that with him. There was no drama, no school, just me and him and the beautiful nature around us. I always felt calm up there. It was my little place to take me away from reality. Jay and I always sat on the same bench that we first met on. It brought back good memories.

Jay and I walked up to the bench and took a seat. I leaned my head back and took a deep breath to clear my mind. I then looked around and noticed that Jay was staring at me. I looked over my shoulder to him and asked,

"What?"

"Nothing..." he said with a calm relaxing tone. I smiled at him and looked back at the flowers.

"You know... I love flowers. They just give me a sense of relaxation and just bring me to feeling happy. Especially, roses, I've always felt a connection to roses. I know it may sound weird but..."

Before I could say anything else Jay spoke.

"It's not weird... I think it's kinda cute." We made eye contact and we both smiled.

He always made me feel normal, accepted. He doesn't even have to do anything and I smile. Just knowing he's there makes me happy.