Gifted

It was finally the weekend.

I'm usually not excited because I never do anything and just sit in my room, but this weekend is different. I'm hanging out with Jay today. I was somewhat excited. I mean we weren't doing much, but I didn't care.

It was around 3:00 p.m. and I heard the door bell ring. I was scared. I walked up to the door and opened it and there he was with his incredible bright smile. It always made me happy to know he was happy.

"Hi Jord!"

"Hey Jay! Welcome to my home, I guess." He walked into my house and scanned his surroundings.

"You have a beautiful home Jord."

"Thank you." I took a deep breathe and finally realized that this silence was pretty awkward.

"We can head up to my room."

"Okay." He replied.

I quickly ran up the stairs with Jay following behind me. I led him to my room and let him enter first.

"I'm going to go get us some snacks. I'll be right back." I said.

He nodded to let me know that was okay. While I was down stairs Jay looked around my room. He scanned my wall full of pictures of my "memories" which were actually just random pictures I took.

(Jay's POV)

"Wow...she really loves photography. These pictures are amazing."

I walked into my room and I saw Jay looking at my photos. I stayed quiet and gently set down the tray. I stood up trait and spoke.

"I like photography if you couldn't tell."

"I kinda noticed, but Jord, these pictures are amazing!"

"They're okay."

"Okay? These are breath taking! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know. It just never really came to mind." I replied.

Jay glanced at my wall once more and back at me.

"You really are gifted. Why don't you do it any more?"

I looked down at the ground and Jay noticed that I didn't want to answer that. He took off his jacket and laid it on my bed. He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulders and I looked him in the eye and he said with a soft gentle tone.

"It's okay Jord, you know you can tell me anything."

"I know..." He then hugged me and held me tight. I pushed him back and said.

"I want to tell you." He slowly let go of me and said,

"Well lets sit down."

We both bent down and sat right up against my bed.

"Take as long as you need. I'm listening." He said.

I nodded and took a deep breath to keep myself together.

"Okay... I'm ready."