Chapter 8

It was late afternoon and the gang had gathered in the caferitra for lunch. Instead of their usual lively converstaion, no one was in a joking mood. Mostly, because of Kya. "The answer is no." Kya slammed her fist onto the table, knocking her cup over. "I don't care what your reasoning is, I won't allow either one of you to do this."

Alexei and Cam looked at each other. They had discussed everything the night before, hoping they could get Kya to agree. "We've barely mangaged to stop the last few attacks." Alexei explained. "Cam doesn't and can't keep going to Lyoko. He's need in the lab, where he do the hacks and guide us. Kya, we need a third defender on Lyoko."

Kya acrossed her arms, "Cam can teach me how to hack, I've done it before."

Cam shook his head, "You've gotten lucky before. Besides, there isn't enough time to teach you. You've got practice, plus tutoring to help maintain your grades. I've also got my hands full working on the programs."

"That's my point. The three of us barely have enough time to battle X.A.N.A. and be good students. How do you think Lynn will feel? He has alot more going on then us." Kya glared at Alexei and Cam. Lynn was another Lyoko Defender and a member of their small group of friends. A year older, Lynn was in the ninth grade while the others were in the eigth grade. Lynn was a core member of the group, acompanying Kya and Alexei to Lyoko. He was also Kya's best friend and the only friend she had upon tranfering into Kanna Academy two years ago.

"We get it, really we do. Lynn's perferring for that competition." Alexei tried to calm Kya down. "We know how important it is to him. When we agreed it would be best if Lynn took sometime to speretae himself from Lyoko to foucs on the competition. Lynn made it perfectly clear, we were to contact him the minute we needed help. Well Kya, that time is now."

"We've already contacted Lynn, Kya. He'll be prepared should be need him on Lyoko. Hopefully it won't come to that." Cam placed his hand on Kya's should.

Kya sighed, "Why did you bother asking me about this, if you already did it? Does my oppenent matter so little to you?" Grabbing her tray and bag, she left her freinds. Angery at them, but more at herself. Had she been a better defender, Lynn wouldn't have been dragged back into everything.

"Just give her some space, general." Alexei patted Cam's back. "You know how close the two of them are. Kya just needs sometime alone."

Cam saddly watched as Kya left the cafetira. Apart of him wanted to chase after her, but he knew Alexei was right.

***********************************************************************************************

Kya's POV:

After leaving the guys, I found myself sitting in the quad under a tree staring at the leaves. "What was the point in asking my option if they'd already made their descion." Lynn is my best friend and the only friend I had at Kanna Academy upon transferring in two years ago. While we did meet Alexei and Cam that same year, it'd been several months after the school year began. Lynn was the only person I knew and could count on. Even after discovering Lyoko, for a while I avoided direct contact with Alexei and Cam.

Lynn's been my best friend since elementary school. We're both from the same town and our families are friends. Naturally, Lynn should've been friends with my older brothers. Since their all boys and close in age. But Lynn wasn't like other boys has age. Instead of playing sports, reading comics, and watching action movies. Lynn wanted to stay inside and practice with his different instruments, listen to oprea music, or watch musicals on tv. Not that share a strong passion for music like Lynn does. But after hearing him play, I often wonder over to just listen during my free time. One day, Lynn caught me singing along by mistake. That was the day we made our deal. I'd sing in his band (if he ever made one) and he'd create different music arrangements for me use during my competions.