Chapter 11

"You telling me no one has heard or seen Emi since the last attack?" Alexei glanced at his three friends. It had been three days since Emi deactivated the tower, curing everyone who was sick. During that time, no one told Alexei of their mission. They explained Emi's abustion as her working one the programs more then usual. Since this wasn't unsual for Emi, Alexei didn't question it. Until now. "Why am I just learning about this?" After school, the group decieded to meet in Kya's dorm. They caught Alexei up on the recent events, something he wasn't to happy about being left in the dark.

"After she entered the tower, we lost contact with her." Kya explained, even though she didn't known much more then Alexei did. "We all knew entering a tower with an activte firewall was dangerous."

Alexei shook his head, "This wouldn't have happened if the general did his only job." He glared at Cam, who worked on Kya's computer.

Before things got out of hand, Lynn stepped in. "Don't blame Cam, he has the hardest job of us all. But we're all needed equally to stop Xana." Glancing around the room, he saw no one was in a joyul mood. "We'll have to discuss our next steps. Without Emi, we can't deactivate the towers."

As the guradian of Lyoko, Emi was the only one able to deactivate the towers. They wouldn't be able to stop any future Xana attacks. "We've been lucky Xana hasn't attack since then. But I think we should turn the supercomputer off for now." All eyes turned to Kya, who was the only one brave enough to voice the suggestion. "Emi would want this."

Alexei shook his head, "She could still be on Lyoko somewhere. Turning of the supercomputer means giving up on her and everything we've done for the past several months." Looking at his friends, Alexei was shocked no one was protesting the idea. "Your not serious are you?"

Lynn looked away from Alexei's intension glare. "We're not agreeing, but it's an option we can't easliy dismiss. Emi's our friend, but we also have to think of everyone who'll be affected if we can't stop Xana."

"I'll put that idea on the back burner for now." Cam swung around in the chair to face the others. He appeared sleep depetive and stressed. "I've been searching for Emi everyday since then. I'll continue for two more days, after that. We'll have to recondiser turning the supercomputer off temporarily."

"I can't believe this!" Hopping off the bed, Alexei glared at his friends. "Your all willing to abandon Emi? She may be an A.I., but she's still our friend."

Pinching the bridge of his nose in frustation, Cam held in his annoyonce. "I never said we'd turn it off for good. Only until I can find a solution." Cam gave a grim smile, as he admitted something he didn't want to, but everyone neededt to hear. "It's possblie Emi maybe gone forever."

Before he could explain his theroy, Alexei had stomped out the door. Cam didn't bother going after his best friend. Alexei needed time to calm down and Cam needed to find Emi. This left Lynn and Kya in an awkward position. The two wanted to help their friends, but didn't know how nor want get in the middle of their arugment.

"Let's go." Taking Kya's hand, Lynn lead her out the room. Cam wouldn't be leaving anytime soon, even through it was Kya's dorm. Once he began working on something, Cam drowned everything else out. Kya also wouldn't be able to complete any homework with a stressed and annyoed Cam in her room.

***********************************************************************************************

Kya's POV:

"Do you think Cam will find Emi?" The late afternoon sun gave off a warmth that relaxed me. Stress has plagued our group since Emi's disappearnce. Alexei's outbrust dodn't help, neither did Cam's keeping this a sercet. Cam will probably night in the lab.