Chapter 24

"Pass it over here!" Alexei cried, hoping to get his teammate's attention. It was the last practice before the game against Kadic later that day. Lynn and Alexei had put their differecences with Avery aside for this big day.

Cam sat in the bleachers watching his friends. Mara sat with Ally, cheering the boys on while working on her team poster. Or her 'Alexei' poster as Ally put it.

"No Ally, use pink to write Alexei's name. How else is he going to see it?" Mara shoved a sparkly pink marker into Ally's hands. TO placare her friend, Ally silently took the marker.

Lynn climbed up the bleachers to sit beside Cam. "Oh, I can't wait to see Alexei's face when Mara brings that out." Gesturing to the colorful bander below them, Lynn snickered. It was somethings else to tease Alexei about. He was still dealing with their jokes from when Mara 'borrowed' him last week.

"Taking a break?" Cam asked. Over the poast week, they'd only seen each other during attacks. Cam spent non-school hours working on the materizilation program. Kya went to the ice ring after school. Lynn and Alexei had team meetings and pratice everyday.

Lynn took a sip of his water. "Coach is rotating me, Alexei, and Avery. He doesn't want us to get worn out before the game." Made sense, considering they were playing their rivial school.

"Shoot, we forgot the gitter." Mara sprinted towards the doors.

Lynn and Cam shared a look, before busting out laughing. Alexei was in for a grand surpise.

***********************************************************************************************

Jogging back to the soccer field, Mara tripped over a rock. Gitter and glue flew out of the box into the air. Exepecting a gitter shower, nothing happened. Instead, the gitter and glue hovered higher into the air. Mara laid on the ground, stunned.

***********************************************************************************************

Kya zoomed down the path towards school. The inline-skates on her feet felt werid. They hugged her feet like ice-skates, but didn't glide as smoothly. It did allow for a smilair feel of freedom the ice provided.

Shifting her weight, Kya sped around a curve. She kicked of the ground to avoid falling over a large hole in the ground. Bracing to land, she wibbled in mid-air. Frustated, Kya kicjed her feet and waved her arms. For several long seconds, she hovered.

"Uff!" Kya lanfed on unstudy feet with a thud. Nothing seemed off or Xanaized to have caused her sudden 'flight'. Shrugging it off, she made a mental note to tell Cam.

***********************************************************************************************

Cam's POV:

"Did you see that awesome move!?" Alexei ranted. He was pumoed for the game against Kadic. His father was coming from overseas to see the gaem. Another reason for Alexei to be exiected. "We might stand a chance this time." A stuipd smirk on his face, he walked backwards in front of us.

"Your dad's still coming?" Lynn asked, not sharing Alexei's enthrustuism. The competition is only days away, Lynn's stress is building. He wanted to spend moretime preparing. Coach required every player to attend team meetings and practices this week. That left little time for anything besides school work.

Alexei's grin grew bigger. "Yup her arrived last night." So that's who he was talking to all night.

Not paying attention, Alexei walked into Avery. Giving Alexei the stink eye, he silently continued walking. The three of us shared a look, than made our way into the cafereira. Chatter filled our ears, as we grabbed food than found a table.