Chapter 14

Cam's POV:

Arriving back on earth is never fun. The scanner door opened, allowing me to exit. "Cam?" Kya's voice confirmed I really had been devitrialzed. Entering the elevator, I went to the lab. A worried Kya greeted me. "Things have gotten worst. Xana sent a megatank. It's guarding the tower. The guys can't get close, with the other monsters swarming them."

"We've got bigger things to worry about." Switching places with Kya, I acessed the supercomputer. Checking everything, I saw that Emi's life points were almost to zero. "Without the data from the last tower, I can't save Emi. Plus, we're almost out of time."

"Send me to Lyoko." Kya ordered. "I completed the modifitions. I can get the data from the tower."

"Kya!" I should've known she'd do something like this. "I specifially told you to use it on either Alexei or Lynn. Why would you use it on yourself?"

Kya folded her arms over her chest. "And do what? Wait for one of them to ge devirated, completely ruining our only chance to save Emi?" Shaking her head, she head for the scanners. "There's no other choice. Send me to Lyoko, now."

Knowing it was pointless to auger now, I began the viration process.

***********************************************************************************************

Kya's POV:

Cam dropped me several feet from the tower, right in the middle of a battle. Lynn had just destroyed a krab, when a blok surpised him from behind. Summoing my skates, I took care of the blok before it could hurt Lynn further. "Hey." I waved to Lynn, before activting Lightening Dash. Once the lightening was charged, I headed for the tower. A head on attack with a megatank is probably a bad idea. But it's something Xana wouldn't execpt. We also don't have time to waste fighting every monster. I just need to get to the tower.

Instead of attacking, I feinted right. The megatank turned to follow, allowing me a chance to get close. Using the oppurtiny, I kicked my leg out. The blades of my skates connected with the megatank just before it began charging it's laser.

"Kya's at the tower!" Cam cheered. "Retreat for now." He ordered Alexei and Cam.

Upon entering the tower, the each of the three circle lit up with each step I took. Once in the center, I was lifted up to a second platform. Here, a window appeared. "Place your hand on the screen and keep it there. You'll be my direct connection to the tower. I'm going to begin scanning for the final bit of Emi's data."

***********************************************************************************************

While Kya was inside the tower, Lynn and Alexei took cover behind a rock. The monsters had forgotten about the tower, perferring to chase the guys. "Any idea why their attacking us, general?" Alexei threw two shuriken, hoping it would slow one of the monsters.

"Xana's probably trying to get rid of you, so that Emi's unprotected once she's reviceld." Back in the lab, Cam worked quickly to reterive the final pieces of data. It wasn't easy before, but now it was harder because he wasn't directly inside the tower. The modifitions made to Kya, allowed direct access from the tower to the supercomputer. "I'm almost ready to launch the program. How are things on Lyoko?"

Lynn's chakram returned after using, Homing Arrow. "We've got penlty of bloks to play with and krabs to make seafood."

Cam rolled his eyes at Lynn's misplaced humor. "Watch out Alexei, or else Lynn might replace you as king of bad jokes."

"Yeah right." Alexei smirked, "No ones better then me at making bad jokes."

Lynn looked at Alexei in amazement. "Of course you'd take pride in that." Alexei's comments were unpredictable. No one ever knew what to expect with Alexei. Lynn finally understood Kya and Cam's frustration with him. "Hurry up, Cam. Before I catch Alexei's clown virus."