Chapter 26 Part 3

Alexei didn't have a distantion in mind, he just wanted to get away from the crowd. As pretended, girls had surrounded him the moment he stepped foot in the gym. The first three were apart of the school's newspaper. They often visited the varies clues and teams at Kanna for interviews. Their goal was to keep everyone well informed about events at Kanna.

"Alexei." Emi's came to a stop. She understand Alexei's embrassment. By morning, everyone at school would believe them to be dating. Not a good way to begin her new life. The last thing she wanted was to draw attention to herself or the others. "There's nothing we can do now." Still, she wasn't going to let that ruin her night. There were plenty of things to worry about, but today wasn't one of them.

"You don't understand, Emi. Lyn-" Alexei started to speak, but was stopped by a hand covering his mouth.

"We'll enlist Kya to help us prank Lynn tomorrow." Emi knew Kya wouldn't miss the chance to prank her best friend. Espically after the time he replaced her wearout gear with a pink tutu. "Besides, you can't be to mad at Lynn. He did help you out, without earning you detention." She referred to the day they went to the muesum. Before the Return to the Past, Kya had unknownly aided in Alexei trying to leave the field trip. That resulted in both of them receving detention.

Alexei had nothing to say, Emi was right. Truthfully, he wasn't mad at Lynn. He'd been embrassed by Lynn's statement, which implented Emi was more than just a friend. "Why do you have to make sense?" Emi knew when to simply listen, allowing her friends to vent, and when to offer advice. It was one of the reasons Alexei perfered to 'complain' to her when he fought with the others.

They exited the gym via the side doors that led to the soccer field. A cool briz greeted them as they jouneryed to the bleachers. The few people around were making their way back inside. This left the two of them alone. Like in the bookstore, they enjoyed each others company in silence.

Back at the dance, Lynn chatted with some classmates. He didn't get to casually speak with them outside of class much. Most of his time had been taken up by the Defenders and the competition. Now that their time on Lyoko was ending, maybe he'd have more free time. 

"Lynn!" Kya's frantic cry grabbed his attention. She half dragged/half pulled him away until they were alone. "Where's Alexei and Emi?"

"I'm not sure, they left after I got Alexei away from his fan club." He answered, curious as to what had Kya in such a panicked state.

Cam came over, a grimace on his face. "Have you found them?"

Kya shook her head, "No and I can't get through either. Should we head for the mansion."

Cam shook his head, "Normally, yes. But since Emi's no longer on Lyoko..."

"We can't deactivate the tower." Lynn finished. He didn't know what had happened, but it had to be something major.

***********************************************************************************************

Alexei's POV:

Things were going so well, until now. "Emi, get down!" Out of nowwhere, a laser whirled pass. The first one hit the bottom of the bleachers, the second one came a bit to close for comfort. We ducked under the bleachers for cover. 

Four kranlets broke formation to surround the bleachers. Two remained in the front, ensuring we couldn't escape. Strangely, they didn't attack. Only when I moved to step from under the bleachers did one release a laser. The same thing happened when Emi tried to climb from under the bleachers. It seems their orders are to keep us here.

"How did Xana manage to materialze kranlets?" Emi watched the kranlets, probably taking note of their formation. Two directly in front and two spread out to the left and right sides each.