Chapter 13

"Hold on Cam, Lynn should be here with Alexei soon." Kya watched helplessly from the lab as five krabs chased Cam. Things had been going smoothly until Cam entered the ice sector. He managed to take out several kranlets by controlling a nearby blok. From that moment, monsters swarmed Cam from every angle. But Cam was smart, he hide within an ice cave until most of the monsters left. This allowed him to make it to the tower, only to find more monsters guarding it. Since then, Cam has been hiding behind a nearby ice gladsher.

"Easier said then done, Kya." Cam peak from his hiding spot to see hornets patrolling. "It's only a matter of time until they spot me. If I get devirtialzed, we'll lose our only chance of saving Emi."

Kya didn't want to hear those bitter words, she wanted to believe everything would be alright. But she wasn't the type to give herself false hope. They needed to create a new plan should Cam get devitarized. "There's got be another way. Could one of us access the data instead."

Cam thought about this, "Theroically, yes. But it requires me to be in the lab and modify several programs. The defender it's used on could experience several side effects." This had been the first idea Cam discovered, but didn't want to risk his friends. At least with him using Override, they already knew the side effects.

"I don't care Cam." Kya slammed her fist onto the arm-rests. "We've already sacficed to much and came to far to lose Emi. Tell me what I have to do." Kya may not have been as close with Emi as Cam and Alexei were, but they were still friends. Emi was and is Kya's only female friend.

Cam sighed, knowing Kya was right but still dregging it. "In case something happened, I begin working on another solution last night. You'll find a CD with most of the modified codes in my bag. You'll need to follow my instructions to the letter for this to work even remotely safely."

Kya found the CD and instreted it into the computer. She then carefully and slowly followed Cam's directions. She was scared, not knowing what could happen if she made a mistake or successfully completed the modifictions. Cam wanted her to use the program on either Alexei or Lynn. Not wanting to risk her friends, Kya selected her own avatar instead.

***********************************************************************************************

Alexei's POV:

"Why am I getting seven hours of detention? Avery threw the first punch, I only defended myself." After waiting two hours outside the prinpal's office, we were finally seen.

Prinpal Hall just looked at us. "While that is true, who went over to Avery and began insulting him?" Avery's laugh was cut short by a glare. "I'm not saying I don't agree with everything you side about Mr. Avery's." Both of use looked at the prinpla in surpise. "But that still doesn't give you or anyone else the right to insult people and begin fights."

"As for you Mr. Avery." The pincple turned to Avery. "Five hours of detention and a five page essay on why you shouldn't fight in school."

"What!?" Avery slammed his fist on the desk, "That isn't fair! As you've said Alexei started everthing the moment he came over."

Prinpal Hall just looked at Avery, clearly bored with this converestion. "Had you been listening Mr. Avery, you'd known your just as at fault as he is. Your the one who threw the first punch." Glancing between us, Princpal added, "Your both vauleable members of our sports teams. The younger students look to you for guidence. Figure out your issues before your both expelled."