Prologue

Prologue

"For our last act, I'd like to present to you, the most essential freak of the night!" Mr. Father roared into the microphone, "No man has ever met him, without shaking in sincere horror!"

The crowed cheered, oblivious to what they were cheering for. I stood there, sweating from the heat the mass of people provided around me.

"I introduce to you, the nastiest, most obscure, and perplexing young man in the world. A freak none dare to face alone! Ladies and Gentlemen-" He pointed to the red curtains, "Cousin Ignominy, the icon of the night!"

The curtains dropped, revealing a hunched over figure. I couldn't quite see well, as a tall man walked in front of me. I tried to stand a bit taller, but unfortunately, being only 4'11 most people towered over me.

People gasped, women covered their mouths with their hands as they yanked their children away so they wouldn't have to see.

I couldn't see anything.

I bent down, and began to push my way forward through the crowd. I kept pushing away until I was so close to the stage, I could touch it. Standing all around me were only men, as the women had fled, along with the children. My sister didn't even follow me as I had left her behind.

She must be scared too.

I stood straight up, wiping the dirt off my dress from being so close to the ground, I finally was able to see why everyone was so shocked.

My mouth dropped open, and my eyes were wide. I, for the longest time even forgot to inhale, as I couldn't believe the sight I was seeing.

It was a man, he definitely was young. He was hunched over, trying to hide his face, but Mr. Father, grabbed him by the hair on his head and yanked him up for all of us to see. His body was nothing but bones and skin. He looked as if he had never eaten a thing in his life. His skeleton looked a bit odd, his bones poked out so sharply, that it wasn't normal. Not to mention he was so pale, I've never seen someone as white as him. He had black circles painted around his eyes, his hair was pure black, as if someone had dyed it, and it fell in his face. His eyes were the most obscure part about him. They were such a dark color, that they looked like nothing but holes drilled in his skull.

He truly looked like a monster.