Chapter One

vote, comment, and share your opinion on this new story that is also about a freak boy just like all my other stupid stories

Chapter One

"Come on, come on!" I began to pull my sister, Katie, through the crowds as music began to play.

"Slow down, Bexley!" She shouted so her voice was able to be heard, "The show isn't going anywhere!"

"I heard it was absolutely terrifying." Jace, Katie's boyfriend, commented as he followed us with an eager look presented on his face. "Whatever it is, I was told it looked like a mutant."

"I thought he was supposed to be a clown?" I asked, getting even more hyped up for it. Mr. Father's Family of Freaks was the most popular circus show in the world. People from all across the globe paid high money to see these 'monsters' up close.

He shrugged, "I'm sure it has the whole getup. I mean, even his logo is eerie. Cousin Ignominy." He shivered sarcastically, making Katie roll her eyes and shove him away.

She easily gets scared, which me and Jace enjoyed making fun of her for.

"You guys are such jerks." She muttered as she let go of my hand and crossed her arms.

"Sorry, babe." Jace wrapped his arm around her shoulders and hugged her. I scoffed, and walked on ahead, hoping to get close to the stage.

I have been waiting for this day for months. I had heard countless of stories about the mysterious clown; Cousin Ignominy, and I wanted to know more. I was pretty good at telling fake from real, sensing lies was my specialty, and I wanted to test my skills out on him -or it, whatever it was supposed to be.

A crowd of people began to gather around a large stage, as the music began to get louder and louder. "You guys, come on!" I shouted for my sister and her boyfriend as I ran over to find a place to stand.

Katie ran over beside me, and Jace followed her, "Don't run away from us like that." She scolded, "Mom would kill me if she knew I let you out of my sight. Especially here."

"I'm seventeen, I think I can handle going alone." I stated, giving her an annoyed look. Being the baby of the family was never something I was proud of.

"Yeah, but you know how she is, just, don't wander off, okay?"

Our mother was such a control freak. Her and our stepfather. To my mother, I might as well still be seven years old, she certainly treated me like I was. Me and her never got along after she divorced our father. I couldn't control the anger I had for her, every time I'd see her face, I'd feel my heart pound in my chest, all I wanted to do was yell at her and tell her how pissed I was.

I never did.

"You guys, look." Jace pointed at the stage, and I looked up to see a man on the stage. He wore a classy outfit, with a large top hat. It must be Mr. Father.

He looked really cool with his performer getup on.

"Greetings, my fellow advocates." He spoke through a loud microphone. It drowned out the sound of the people's voices.

"I'm aware you have seen many shows, and exhibits this evening." It was true, from monkeys, to green lions with dresses, and an elephant dressed in exotic beads which were lit on fire, I enjoyed them all. "But, none of those compare to my own personal creature of the century."

The crowed cheered, and he smiled, "I can feel your excitement. Your nerves quaking in your deepest pit of enthusiasm. So, without further waiting, for our last act, I'd like to present to you, the most essential freak of the night!" Mr. Father roared into the microphone, "No man has ever met him, without shaking in sincere horror!"

The crowed cheered once more, oblivious to what they were cheering for. I stood there, sweating from the heat the mass of people provided around me.

"I introduce to you, the nastiest, most obscure, and perplexing young man in the world. A freak none dare to face alone! Ladies and Gentlemen-" He pointed to the red curtains, "Cousin Ignominy!"

The curtains dropped, revealing a hunched over figure. I couldn't quite see well, as a tall man walked in front of me. I tried to stand a bit taller, but unfortunately, being only 4'11 most people towered over me.

People gasped, women covered their mouths with their hands as they yanked their children away so they wouldn't have to see.

I couldn't see anything.

I bent down, and began to push my way forward through the crowd. I kept shoving until I was so close to the stage, I could touch it. Standing all around me were only men, as the women had fled along with the children. My sister didn't even follow me as I had left her behind.

She must be scared too.

I stood straight up, wiping the dirt off my dress from being so close to the ground, I finally was able to see why everyone was so shocked.

My mouth dropped open, and my eyes were wide. I, for the longest time even forgot to inhale, as I couldn't believe the sight I was seeing.

It was a man, he definitely was young. He was hunched over, trying to hide his face, but Mr. Father grabbed him by the hair on his head and yanked him up for all of us to see. His body was nothing but bones and skin. He looked as if he had never eaten a thing in his life. His skeleton looked a bit odd, his bones poked out so sharply, that it wasn't normal. Not to mention he was so pale, I've never seen someone as white as him. He had black circles painted around his eyes, his hair was pure black as if it were dyed, and it fell in his face. His eyes were the most obscure part about him. They were such a dark color, that they looked like nothing but holes drilled in his skull.

He truly looked like a monster.