Chapter Eight

Picture of Scott with that half smirk, half smile on his face that Jacyn always falls for

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Scott awoke the next morning with a slight headache, nothing he couldn't manage. Getting up from his bunk, he glanced up to Jacyn's bunk to see if she was there. She wasn't.

He grumbled something to himself and dressed in some sweatpants, a sweatshirt and boots before heading up to the wheelhouse. His father and his uncles were sitting up there talking. They all stopped when they saw him.

"Wow, sleeping beauty awakens," Andy teased. "I heard what happened last night. Drink a little too much, did ya?"

"No, I'm fine," he denied.

"That's not what Josh said. He said you were partially in the bag when you stormed out of the bar all pissed off for some unknown reason. What were you even pissed off about?" his father asked him.

"I don't remember," he lied, trying not to think about Axel and Jacyn getting all cozy last night. "Anyways, where is everyone?"

"Out on the deck working, unlike you. We need to be heading out soon so we can go home," Andy said.

Scott rubbed his hand over his face and said, "Good, I can't wait to go home and get away from this shit for a little while."

"Don't be so eager to depart from your family," his father chuckled. "Don't think you can get rid of me that easily."

"No, it's not you dad. I'm just...tired and ready to spend some father-son time with Sawyer."

"Well the sooner you get out on deck, the sooner you can go home so get the hell out there," Andy said.

Scott headed down to the deck and noticed that indeed everyone was out on the deck working. He scowled when he saw Axel and Jacyn laughing across the deck as they made bait together. Trying to push through the anger that was surging through his body, he got to work and before he knew it, they were leaving the harbor and heading out to the fishing grounds.

Everybody went back inside the cabin to sit around until they got to the spot that Andy had picked. Axel and Jacyn sat at the table in the kitchen talking while Scott stood leaning against the wall, throwing them daggers with his eyes.

"Man, why do you look like you're ready to kill your cousin?" Nick chuckled. "Isn't he supposed to be the murderer?"

"I'm not staring at anyone. I don't know what you're talking about," he denied.

"Whatever you say. But don't let your anger distract you. We don't need you getting hurt out there."

"I'm fine."

Nick let it go and went to the fridge to grab something quick to eat because they'd be out where they needed to be soon. Then the real work would begin.

Sure enough, time went by too quickly and they were untying pots and launching them. Scott worked the hydraulics, trying to keep his mind off of the personal situation he had going on. But it wasn't working. The anger was still lingering and just standing in one spot working levers wasn't helping. He needed to do some actual hands on work to get the anger to go away.

"Yo, Ian, can you switch with me? I need a break from this," he said.

"Yeah, sure. Come take my spot," Ian replied.