Chapter Twenty Five - The End

This is the final chapter!

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Scott watched in horror as his fiancée hurtled towards the ground, her limp body hitting the ground and her head bouncing off of it.

"Jacyn!" he screamed, shooting up from his chair and collapsing onto his knees next to her body.

Everybody rushed to Jacyn's aid, feeling her pulse and checking for breathing. In the distance, he could faintly hear the sound of somebody talking on their phone; probably 911. He lifted Jacyn's head onto his lap and stroked her head, in his own little world.

"Sir, you're going to have to let her go. We need to take care of her," a voice said.

Scott slowly turned his head to the voice and found two people in a blue uniform looking at him. It was the EMTs. They were here.

"Sir, we're going to need you to back up please. We'll take care of her," the woman said.

Ever so carefully he placed her head on the ground and backed away, watching as they placed her on a stretcher. He followed aimlessly as they rolled her into the ambulance. He hopped up in, not saying a word, just staring at his limp fiancée.

Jacyn knew that she was unconscious but at the same time could hear everything that was happening around her. She could feel Scott gently stroking her hair, but she couldn't quite wake up.

Her eyes opened, flashing scenes as minutes passed by. One: there was a man flashing a light in her eyes. Two: there were sirens and she was looking up at a metal ceiling. Three: the ceiling was moving and she could hear people yelling around her. The next time she opened her eyes, she was wide awake.

She gasped and sat up from wherever she was laying. She frantically looked around, realizing she was in the hospital.

"Hey, Jacyn, calm down. Lay back down," Scott's voice came from her right.

She turned to him and then cringed as pain shot through her head. She groaned and laid back down in the bed.

"Wow my head fucking hurts," she mumbled.

"I'll go get the nurse," he said, kissing her forehead and leaving the room.

A few minutes later, he came back with the nurse who was carrying a jug of water and a small clear cup with pills in it.

"Hello Ms. Harris. My name is Carrie and I'm going to be your nurse," the young woman introduced herself, setting the items down on the bedside table.

"Hi," she weakly mumbled.

"I've got some Tylenol here to help you with that headache," she let Jacyn know as she washed her hands with sanitizer. "I'm just going to pour you some water and I'll help you take it. First though, I just need to know, on a scale of 0 to 10, zero being no pain and ten being the worst pain you can imagine, what would you rate your head pain?"

"It'd probably be about a 6. I'm a crab fisher so I'm no stranger to pain," Jacyn laughed.

"Well we'll try to get that down for you," the nurse smiled.

Jacyn watched as she poured some water and held out the cup along with the cup of medicine. She took the medication and then grabbed Scott's hand as the nurse began to ask her some questions.

"I understand that tonight when you were out to dinner you got up from your chair and collapsed?" the nurse clarified.

"Yes, I do remember that happening," Jacyn replied, nodding.

"Were you feeling any dizziness or light headedness?"

"Not when I was sitting down. But when I got up, black spots were dancing in my eyes and next thing I know, I'm on the floor staring into blackness."

"Did you have any nausea?"

"No, the black spots were the only thing that happened."

"Okay, well, I'll be back in about half an hour to check your pain again. I'll send in the doctor to speak to you. If you need anything, your call bell is next to the bed and you just have to press it. The secretary at the desk will pick up and ask you what you need," Carrie explained. "I hope you feel better Ms. Harris."

"Jacyn. Call me Jacyn," she replied.

"I hope you feel better Jacyn," Carrie said, leaving the room.

"Nice nurse," Scott commented.

"Yeah, she is pretty nice," Jacyn smiled at him. "You know what would be nicer?"

"What?"

"If you gave me a kiss."

He leaned up and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. She sighed and leaned back in bed.

"I think my pain just went down to a 4 with that kiss."

Scott laughed. "Only you babe, only you."

There was a knock on the door and they both looked up. A young man in a white coat entered the room with a smile on his face. Normally you didn't see that with doctors in hospitals. Usually they held a stoic look and were sort of full of themselves. This guy didn't look half bad.

"Hello Ms. Harris and Mr. Hillstrand. I'm Dr. Compton," the man said, shaking their hands. "I have to say, I am a huge fan of your show."

"Thanks," Scott smiled.

"Anyways, to get onto the real news...Do you want to hear the good or bad news first?"

"Bad," both Scott and Jacyn said at the same time.

"Unfortunately, you did get a slight concussion when you hit your head on the ground during the fall," the doctor said. "But that's the only bad news. Otherwise, you didn't have any other injuries and the baby is okay."

"That's good...wait, what?!? Baby?!?" Scott yelled, standing up.

"I take you do not know then. Congratulations, you two, you're having a baby," the doctor said with a wide grin on his face, clapping his hands together.

Both Scott and Jacyn looked at one another and screamed at the same time, "BABY?!?"

THE END!

~COPYRIGHT 2014~