Chapter Eighteen

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

RECAP:

Scott grumbled and grabbed Jacyn, pulling her into the small bathroom with him. She gasped as he sat her down on the toilet, glaring at her.

"Do you think I'm going to let you get away with all these pranks?" he asked.

"Yes, this is my boat after all," she said, matter of factly.

"You don't think I'll get you back after this?"

"Why, what're you going to do?"

"I just might kiss you."

"I just might let you," she whispered.

He leaned down and placed his lips on hers.

~■~

The moment Scott's lips made contact with Jacyn's, she was sent back to that one night of passion she shared with him on the Time Bandit. Her eyes fluttered closed and her hands came up to cup his cheeks. They kissed softly and passionately until Scott picked her up, wrapping her legs around his waist. He pressed her to the closed door and kissed her more thoroughly. That was when she snapped out of it.

She pulled away from his lips and pushed at his chest, telling him to let her down. She unwrapped her legs from his waist and hopped down. They stood toe to toe, staring at one another. Scott was breathing hard, his arms still around her. Jacyn could feel tears coming on, but she held them back.

"Jay, I..."

"Jacyn, where are you?" Josh's voice interrupted what Scott was about to say.

Jacyn's eyes went wide and she exited the bathroom as quickly as possible, making herself scarce. Scott was left standing there like an idiot, not knowing what to do. Just when he thought she would be his again, officially this time, something came up.

"Hillstrand, let's go. We need to start hauling these pots back in so that we can get into dock to unload them," Josh's voice came through the door.

"I'll be right out," he mumbled, cleaning up everything before going and getting his gear on.

The rest of the day was extremely awkward. Jacyn was avoiding Scott like the plague and the crew was beginning to catch on that something had happened between the two. But they weren't about to get involved. That relationship was way too complicated for a fisherman to deal with.

"Jacyn can you come up here please?" Josh said over the intercom.

With a roll of her eyes, she jogged off deck and up to the wheelhouse. Her brother was waiting there for her with his arms crossed over his chest. Casey was sitting in the captain's chair, whistling to himself, acting as if he was an innocent person who knew nothing of what was to come.

"What's going on? You've been slower than usual," he said. "Not to mention you and Scott aren't even talking."

"There's nothing going on. I'm absolutely fine. And there is nothing going on between me and Scott, I can assure you of that," she lied.

"You and I both know that that is complete and utter bullshit. What is going on with you two?"

She sighed and closed her eyes. "We may or may have not kissed earlier this morning..."

"Kissed? That's what this stupidity is about? It's just a kiss Jacyn!" he exclaimed. "Wait, you guys kissed?!?"

"Yeah..."

"When did this happen?"

"After we played that prank on him."

He put his fingers through his hair. "You two are going to be the death of me. Why don't you two just kiss and make up? We all know you're in love with one another."

"In love? I don't know about that, brother."

"That right there is yet another statement full of bullshit. And that attitude is going to get you nowhere with him."

"I don't want to get anywhere with him!" she argued.

"That's what they all say," he sighed. "Just get back out onto deck and get to work. I'm tired of this relationship drama between the two of you. It's been eight months since everything went down and you're both not over one another. It's time to resolve this."

She turned around and walked out of the wheelhouse, taking time to think about what her brother said. It was true; she was in love with Scott as much as she didn't want to admit it. Since that night they had spent together, the feelings never disappeared. But what now?

An idea popped into her head the moment she stepped out onto deck. Before she lost the nerve to do it, she stomped up to Scott who didn't notice her, too busy making bait bags.

"Scott," she said his name.

He looked up and at that moment, she grabbed the front of his rain jacket and pulled his lips down to hers. She kissed him passionately until he let go of the bait bag and wrapped his arms around her.

"Well hell," Scott murmured when they pulled away.

"I love you, you stupid clueless knight in shining rain gear," she mumbled against his lips, kissing him again.

He smirked against her lips and continued to kiss her.

"Alright, alright, that's enough. We get it. You two made up," Josh's voice came over the loud speaker.

The pair pulled away and laughed, looking up at the wheelhouse where Josh was staring down at them. They hugged and then pulled apart, getting back to work.

Throughout the rest of the haul, they would glance at one another, exchanging smiles and winks, even with all the pain they were in from the brutal weather. And when it was time to go inside for the night, they couldn't be more relieved. They just wanted to get something to eat and then cuddle up in bed together to sleep. After all, they'd never snuggled before. The first time they had gotten close, Scott hopped out of bed and never came back.

Travis had prepared them a small meal before they came in and they scoffed it down before going to bed.

Jacyn grabbed Scott's hand and pulled him to her private bunk room. The couple laid down together, pulling the blanket over them. She lay with her back to his chest, his arms around her. She stroked his fingers with her own.

"So this is what I've been missing, huh?" he whispered in her ear.

She nodded, snuggling closer to him. They both closed their eyes, about to fall asleep, at least until a bright light forced their eyes open. Standing there in the open doorway was Josh, a stern look on his face.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked the two of them.

"Going to sleep," Jacyn said. "What does it look like?"

"Going to sleep with Scott in your bed?"

"Come on, Josh, just give me a break for once in my life. I want to sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend. Sue me."

He sighed. "Whatever. But no funny business, Scott. I'll be watching you."

"Man, I barely have enough energy to hold up my head. There will be no funny business happening tonight," Scott tried to reassure him.

Josh mumbled to himself and shut the door behind him as he stepped back into the galley. He would just have to let it be.

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

As you all can see, this story is coming to a close. I have a feeling it have 2-7 more chapters!