Chapter Nine

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

The Time Bandit arrived back at the Harbor early the next morning. It was completely empty and it would remain that way for a couple of days until the rest of the fleet finished fishing. That meant Jacyn was on her own, without her brother to lean on in this sad time. But she really wasn't alone, she had Axel on her side.

"I want you guys to get some rest. I know you're exhausted. We had a long and stressful night. Go to sleep and I'll be back soon with some news," Andy told the crew before leaving.

Jacyn sat at the kitchen table, a hot cup of coffee in her hands, thinking about what she was going to do. Although she was tired, her mind was running so fast she couldn't even think about getting to sleep.

"You're going to hurt yourself thinking that hard," Axel's voice interrupted her thought process.

"Whatever. Better me than anyone else," she replied.

"It's a little too late for that, sweetheart," he said.

She shrugged and took a sip of her coffee, staring off into space. She faintly heard Axel get up but didn't say a word. She just figured he was heading to bed. At least until he stepped right in front of her and grabbed her arm.

"Alright, come on, we're going to bed," he said, pulling her up.

"But my coffee!" she whined in protest.

"Put the coffee down. We are going to bed," he ordered.

She did as he said and allowed him to pull her to his bunk room. He laid her down on his bunk and tucked her in.

"Get some sleep. We will hear more about Scotty in the morning," he whispered, kissing her on the forehead.

"Goodnight Axel," she faintly whispered back and closed her eyes, finally drifting into a deep sleep.

She didn't know what time it was, but she was woken up by the sound of pounding boots.

Getting out of bed, she noticed that Axel had just woken up as well. He was sitting on the top bunk, rubbing his eyes.

"What the hell?" he asked.

She shrugged and opened up the door to the bunk room, stepping out into the kitchen area. There she found Andy standing with the rest of the guys surrounding him.

"Axel, get up! It's your uncle!" she called into the room.

There was a small thud as he got down from the bed and then the pair joined the group.

"How is he?" Neal was asking.

"Is he hurt bad?" Nick questioned.

"How long is he going to be out?" Ian wondered.

"Be quiet so I can explain," Andy said. "You're not allowing me to get a word out." The group went silent. "Scott is doing okay. He had a major slit on his head where he was hit by the corner of the pot. It had to be stitched. He's also got a concussion. Some of his ribs are broken. Luckily none of them pierced any organs. There's a few minor cuts and bruises everywhere on his body but he's good other than the fact that he's in some pain. John is staying there with him. The doctor says he'll be in the hospital for a couple of days. If you guys want to go see him, visitors are allowed. For now, I'm going to get some sleep cause I'm fucking exhausted."

Andy walked into his personal bunk room he shared with John and closed the door. Everybody just stood there for a moment.

"Well hell," Neal sighed, patting Axel's back. "Your cousin in alright, son."