Chapter 6 ( edited)

Eight stores later and we still haven't found the 'perfect outfit' according to Lacey. Finally, we end up at a boutique and I think I found the one. You know that one dress that just speaks to you. It was a simple black dress with floral print and I had to have it.

"Oh em gee!" Lacey exclaims "That dress is amazing on you Livi."

"I know. I love it," I say twirling around in front of the mirror,"If inanimate objects could be soulmates, this would be the one."

Lacey is wearing a red off the shoulder mini dress and I'm hoping she settles with that one. "So what do you think? I'm going for an irresistible goddess look."

"You're a goddess every day," I state, "but that dress definitely makes you irresistible. Brandon won't be able to keep his eyes off you."

"That's what I'm hoping for," she squeals, "so how are things with you and your hot tutor. Have y'all boned yet?"

My face automatically drops. I've been trying to keep my mind off of him this whole time. I've been pretty successful until now. "No, he has a girlfriend."

"Fuck her, you're better than her anyway," she shrugs nonchalantly.

"You don't even know her," I softly chuckle, "How could you think I'm better than her. She has this whole nerdy good girl image going on. She's perfect for him."

"If I didn't know any better I would think you have feelings for him."

All it takes is one look from me to confirm her suspicions."Ok, first of all, I don't think, I know you're better than her," she continues, "you're insanely hot and the best person I know. Secondly, are you really going to let some stuck up goody good take your man from you?"

"He's not my man Lace. Technically I would be taking him from her, and I might be a lot of things but I'm no boyfriend thief."

"So you're just going to give up?" She asks, "Cause the Livi I know fights for what she wants."

"What's the point?" I sigh tiredly, "He's too good for me. I'm just a troublemaker going nowhere in life. He has the world in the palm of his hands. He could be something great and all I would do is drag him down."

Lacey embraces me in a huge hug, giving much-needed comfort. "Olivia, I've never heard you talk down on yourself like that. You're always so confident so I don't really know what to say except your amazing and being a troublemaker is just a label.You're so much more than one label. And if he doesn't see that then screw him."

This is why I love my best friend, I can always count on her to say the right things. She knows every aspect of my life and never judges me. "Thanks, Lace, but I think that's enough seriousness for one day. Let's get ready for this party so you can get your man."

"Ok! Next on the list is shoes!"

**********
I finally get back home and I am exhausted. After our little talk, I feel a little better about the whole situation with Nathan. I still don't feel the need to fight for him but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends.

I'm interrupted by my train of thought by my phone buzzing in my pocket.

"Who is this and how did you get my number?" I ask sharply.

"Hello to you too beautiful," says a deep voice, "Your boss gave me your number after I informed him I needed to speak to you about an urgent matter."

"Well, you found me. Now, who are you?"

"Oh, I'm sorry where are my manners. It's Josh, we met yesterday. I have to say I was waiting for your phone call."

"I wasn't planning on calling you," I reply rudely, "So what is it that you need. I'm a busy girl so please state your business."

He lets out a deep chuckle and finds myself more aggravated. What does a girl gotta do to have some peace around here? And why the hell would Paul give out my number, we seriously need to talk about this.

"I have a dilemma and I think you may be the girl to help me," he continues, "You see, I have a last minute dinner party to attend and I need a date."

"Why do you need my help?" I interrupt, " I'm sure Paul has plenty of girls willing to help you out"

"While that may be true, this dinner is a little too high class for those girls. Which is why I specifically asked for you."

"No!"

I hang up the phone fuming. The nerve of these men thinking I would be ok with something like this. Last time I checked I'm not a prostitute and this is not Pretty Woman.

I call Paul because I need to know what in the hell he was thinking when Josh called him asking for me to be pimped out. He answers after the first few rings.

"Good evening Livia. I see Mr. Williamson got ahold of you."

"What the fuck Paul! Why did you give him my number?!" I yell into the phone, "I'm not one of your whores you can just pimp out!"

"Listen to me sweetheart," he says menacingly, "You will go on this date and you will behave properly. He is willing to pay a lot of money for you and I will not have you messing with my money."

"Go fuck yourself! The money wouldn't be there for you if he didn't want me." I'm seething. How dare he tell me what to do like that.

"Livia, I let you get away with far too much because I've raised you like my own, but you will do this. You will do what he wants and if you don't the consequences will be very severe."

I know all too well what his punishments are. I just can't believe he would ever threaten me in this way. My choices are simple; go on this date or die. I'm not ready to die just yet so I agree.

I call Josh back and let him know that I will be his date. So guess who has a fun night ahead tomorrow? This girl.

********

Ok so I was looking for the perfect dress for Olivia and I found the perfect girl to show what I imagine Olivia to look like. I think she fits her personality perfectly.

Let me know what you think and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter.