Chapter 11

Nathan bolts out the window we used to get in and I follow closely behind him. I made him run a different direction while I distract the cops. There's no way in leaving without my bike.

I walk around the block acting like I came from somewhere else. "Good morning, officers," I wave nonchalantly.

"Morning, the young lady is this your motorcycle?" One of the cops asks me.

"Actually it is," I reply back to them, "Is that your police car back there?"

"Yes," they answer cautiously, "Why?"

"Oh, I think I saw some homeless man by it. You might want to check it out," I say faking my concern, "He looked awfully suspicious."

They both look at each other and mutter something I couldn't quite hear. Then they both bolt off.
"Have a nice day," One of the officers shout out as they run to their car. Suckers.

I hop on my bike and take off quickly before those cops realize they got played. I find Nathan hiding around the corner and throw him my helmet.

"Hurry before those cops come back," I shout. He gets on and we take off back to our side of town.

"Okay, I think you have managed to give me enough excitement to last a lifetime," Nathan remarks as we head into this burger joint by my house.

"I'm sorry about that I didn't anticipate the cops showing up," I answered remorsefully, "How about I buy you lunch to make up for it."

I felt so bad for putting him through a police chase I didn't know what else to do. We were being reckless kids and even though its something that's normal for me, I'm sure Nathan has never been through that situation before. He should have been in school not getting caught up in my bullshit.

"You don't have to do that Olivia. I actually had fun today," He surprisingly utters.

"Well up until the cops showed up."

"That part was fun too." He said smiling.

"I'm thinking maybe there is a bad side to you, after all, Hawthorne." I teasingly remark.

"Maybe, but no more ditching Olivia. My mom will kill me if she finds out."

"Oh, God. I didn't think about that!" I exclaim, " I'm so sorry Nathan I'm just the worst. Will she find out? What about your dad!"

Wow, I really am a bad influence. Why did I not think about his parents? Of course, they're going to be furious when they find out. I'm sure Nathan has never skipped school a day in his life and here I am corrupting their son!

"Calm down, your rambling, Liv. It's not that bad. I'll just tell them the truth."

"What? That I kidnapped you and almost got you arrested?!" I yell, "That's not going to make things better."

"No. I'm going to tell them I had a friend that really needed me today." He says soothingly, "Now let's go eat some burgers."

We finally sit down to eat our burgers when I realize I know nothing about him. I just have this idea of him. I want to know everything, what makes him tick and what his family is like. Although, that would mean I would have to talk about my life and I don't think I'm ready for that.