Chapter 12

The smell of food permeates the air waking me out of my sleep.
Now, this is how you properly wake a girl up.

"Livi!" Mark shouts out from the kitchen, "Get your delinquent ass up!"

Ugh, minus the yelling.

After I ran into Mark, I gave him a place to stay with me since he had nowhere to go. I'm happy to have him here even with his preaching to me about staying away from Paul and working towards a better life. He takes away the loneliness that I didn't even realize I had.

Nathan has also become distant with me since that day he walked out. I wouldn't say I was shocked by it. After all, that's the risk you take when you decide to open up to someone. They can either accept you for who you are, scars and all, or leave you alone and exposed. I just didn't expect it to hurt so much.

"Oh, Mark you spoil me," I proclaim.

He laughs at my theatrics while setting a plate of pancakes in front of me. "Livi, have you ever thought about doing theatre arts?"

"No, why would I do something like that?"

I've seen the theatre arts teacher before, she's very eccentric. She also has the weirdest group of kids are in that class. It gives me hives just thinking about it.

"You never know you might like it," he says shrugging his shoulders,"You definitely have the theatrics down."

"I do not," I gasp, "I just have a wide range of emotions."

"All I'm saying is think about it. You need to start thinking about your future, Livi, why not do something you love."

Mark has been pushing me to go to school every day this week and trying to help me figure out what I want to do with my life. He says I have potential to be anything I want as long as I kept my 'delinquent ass' out of the clubs and in school. But what was the fun in that?

I want to live life with no regrets. I love the nightlife and the thrill of losing control of myself. I've taken care of myself since I was twelve and sometimes I just needed to let loose.

Have I gotten out of control before? Sure, but I'm only sixteen and what's the point of being young if I can't make mistakes.

I love that Mark is concerned about me but he has to trust that eventually, I will find my purpose in life.

"I'll consider it Mark but I don't see myself liking it."

"You never know until you try."

"I'm going to get ready for school now," I say jumping up from my chair, "Thanks for breakfast Mark."

"Anytime."

Its Friday so I needed to look my best today. Since Nathan has chosen to keep his distance from me I thought it would be a good idea to come to school with the sexiest outfits I could wear.

So far I have failed to get his attention. He barely even looks at me and as frustrating as it's been, I won't give up.

I'm rummaging through my closet to find the one that's sure to get his attention. Maybe he's into the naughty school girl thing.