Chapter 15

To say that I was nervous to see Josh after what happened that night is an understatement. I was nail biting, hair pulling, nausea-inducing anxious. There was this feeling of impending doom that I couldn't seem to shake.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I ring the intercom. "Can I help you," a voice that I recognize as Vivian answers.

"Hey Vi, remember me. It's Olivia if you could just let me I'm to see your boss man that would be awesome."

I hear a loud sigh before she buzzes me in. I swear Paul better pay me good for this one. When I finally make it to the front door Vivian is impatiently for me.

"Hey girl, it's so good to see you," I start rambling, "I'm loving the new hair. Your outfit is cute too. I could never pull it off it wouldn't be very flattering on my figure."

She rolls her eyes at me and groans out of frustration. Ok so she's still not my biggest fan but there's no need to be so rude.

"Mr. Williamson is in his study waiting for you." She says abruptly before strutting away from me.

Okay, now the real fun begins. I knock on his door before letting myself in.

"Olivia, I'm glad you could make it," Josh calls out from behind his desk, "Paul tells me you've been indisposed for a while."

"Um, yeah I've been busy with school and everything, you know," I answer cautiously. I don't like his calm demeanor it's very off-putting.

"Well, I am glad you could make it. Would you mind following me?" He asks in a tone that leaves no room for rejecting his offer.

"And where exactly are we going, if I may ask?" I try to look impassive, letting him know he can't intimidate me. I don't think it's working very well

"You may but I think it's better if I show you. Now follow me please."He is up and out the door so I follow behind him. Not that I have a choice.

The last time I was here I didn't really get a chance to take in my surroundings. As I'm following him down the dark corridor I notice the bareness of the walls that have the occasional pictures here and there. Some were paintings and there were also a couple of photos of him and his father. I wonder exactly how close they are.

Trying to fill the eerie silence I say the first thing that comes to mind. "So you healed nicely."

I wince at my words as soon as they come out. I said the first thing, not the smartest.

He looks back at me with a stony expression before turning his back towards me. "I suppose so. You know you have a lot of strength in that little body of yours. It did take me by surprise."

"Thank you?"

"It wasn't a compliment. You really know how to bruise a man's ego, Olivia." He's looking at me now his demeanor to calm for my liking. I think I even see the hint of a smile on his face.

I realize that we are now at the foot of his basement and my nerves are now skyrocketing. Now I'm not completely stupid I do have a gun on me as well as I knife. I just hope its just him here and he doesn't have reinforcements.