I'm offered the Help I Need

I stared at him for a moment before I looked at the floor. "Where did you get that?"

"It fell out from under your pillow." He set the slightly bloodied pocket knife on the pillow. "Why do you have this?"

I turned my hands to show off my slashed palms. "I'd rather give my own blood then have the king and queen murdering my people just to smell blood..."

"They're ruthless..." America looked to his brother. "Matty, we've got to get her out of this."

Canada nodded his head once. "I agree. Kinder, what can we do to help you be rid of the tyrants?"

I smiled. I had a feeling these were really my friends. "If I ask for your help, you're not going to try to take me over are you?"

"No. We're North Americans, ay. We wouldn't have need for anything over here except an ally." Mathew put his arm protectively around me again and I blushed again. It wasn't something I couldn't help, the blushing. I liked it when Canada touched me like that.

"Okay. I'm going to trust you two... my countrymen are trying to find a way to rise up. I can take you to the leader of the rebellion tonight so you can speak with him but I'll have to distract the King and Queen with something beforehand..."

"Well, what do they like?" America asked.

"Abusing me. Their son does too."

"What if I offer my body tonight," Alfred said, "and you take Matty to see them tonight then he can introduce me tomorrow?"

"I could never ask you to do that. I'm conditioned to it. I hardly feel the whip anymore..."

"You're not asking me too. I'm telling you I will. I will go and offer them my body tonight."

"I don't know..."

"You don't need to know, Kinder. I'll do it to help you." Alfred set his hand on my shoulder. "There is no reason for you to be in so much pain."

"But there isn't a need for you to be in pain either, America."

"I told you, Kinder. It's Alfred." He smiled. "I'm doing this weather you like it or not."

"I don't want you to do this though. This is my burden. I'll think up another way."

"Like?"

"Um... ah! I know! I'm allowed to leave by the guards after the royalty goes to sleep. I could meet you the gate at midnight in disguise as a maid."

"You need to be disguised? Why?" Mathew asked. "You just said the guard lets you go out at night, ay?"

"Yeah. But I have to team up with one of the girls to leave because of the cameras. You two will need to be in peasantry clothes too. I suggest a cook and a hirable coachman. The coachman is like a taxi driver but they drive a horse and buggy rather than a taxi cab. The coaches are more affordable."

"Okay... and which maid will you have helping you?"

"Good question. Most of the workers here are a part of the organization but only four are hired as day workers so I'll have to have one of them do it for me. I'll ask Angelica if I can borrow her clothes. We have about the same color and length of hair." I smiled. I'd be getting the help I needed tonight.

Tears streamed down my face again as they did most nights

Tears streamed down my face again as they did most nights. The King had gotten it on while whipping me and decide to get it off inside of me without a condom. I felt disgusting for being treated as a concubine but I was glad I hadn't let America offer his body to the king. I could only hope I hadn't gotten pregnant. I finished cleaning up in my room and a knock came at my door. "Come in."

Angelica stepped into my room. "I brought what you asked for. Don't forget to fill me in in the morning."

"I can let you in on this now before it even happens. Both the countries of America and Canada are going to offer their help tonight."

"That's great!" She smiled. "If one of the perm staff stops in to check up on me then I'll let them know to spread the word to the staff."

"Not until after I send you confirmation via text. We have to accept their help too."

"Right. I won't tell them."

I changed quickly out of the sparse and bloody clothing I wore and into the lilac scented dress. I picked up the basket of my dirty clothes and smiled at her. "Thank you for this. I'll remember you forever."

"If you last that long." She hugged me. "Now go."

I smiled. "I'll be back for you in the morning and if all goes according to plan, this will be the last time. Good bye." I pulled the door open.