Ireland Helps

I opened the door and the bight, cheery, red headed Kirkland brother stepped into the house

I opened the door and the bight, cheery, red headed Kirkland brother stepped into the house. "Mr. Ireland. Welcome to our home."

"Mr. Kirkland is England. Dere's no need to be so fahrmal lass. Call me Seamas." He smelled of alcohol but he seemed to have his senses about him.

"Thank you, Seamus, for coming. They're in the living room."

"Alright lass. Let's get this old codger off the Canadian." He headed for the living room. In the loving room he greeted the others. "Alright mucker?"

"I'd be better if I could get away from England. I need to use the bathroom but he won't let go, ey." Canada smiled.

"Let's get de whanker ahff ya den." Ireland began to pull and peal England off of Canada's shoulders. "Comb ahn you foehckin stook! Let go already! No need to act like a dammed Rale Bulgarian."

"Bulgaria is a wonderful person, you ninny!" screamed England hugging Canada tight again. "Nikola is a right good chap!" I was dismayed to find I was the only one who was unable to understand what Ireland was saying.

"Actually he's like a blind cobbler's thumb but no need for acting the maggot by layin' boots on someone who ain't here." He managed to pull England off of Mathew.

England instantly wrapped his arms around an American flag couch pillow that America had given me a few weeks ago. "You're growing so fast, Alfred. Stop growing up for me, please?"

"De moehppet is so langered dat 'e's mad as a bahx o' frahgs. At least drenkin wit 'im wan't joehst biscuits to a bear. He was flying it when I met up with him." Ireland shook his head at Arthur as he cuddled his face into the pillow. Seamas looked at Canada. "And 'e seems to be doin' quite de noehmber ahn de clean on girl. I expect 'e'd be mahre gentleman like if 'e wasn't locked out his tree like a monkey who forgot his keys. He'd be right scundered if he could see how divvy he was."

"I have to agree." Canada shook his head. "I'll be right back."

"He'd be right cut to the onions is he saw me out on the curk like that."

I sighed and sat down on the couch beside England. I played with the drunk man's hair. "So much for an ally agreement today..." I brushed his hair out of his face in a motherly way. It made me wonder if helping the drunken idiot on my couch would be anything like dealing with a toddler. I tuned his face to look at me and found he had passed out. "You must have been a cute baby."

"Actually 'e wasn't quite de bowler in 'is yooehth as 'e is now." Ireland laughed.

I gave a small laugh in agreement but had no clue what that meant and played with England's hair until Canada came back and the two men sat on the other couch. I turned Arthur so that his head was on the pillow again and tried to make sence of what was being said.

"What a ride ya found here Canada. Dahn't see 'ow you ait took a swing at dat one."

"She's my girlfriend Ireland."

"Well den dahn't I look like a stook! you moehst be a good snahg to get a stoehnner like dat!"

"Ey? I don't think my kisses are why she likes me so much."

"Use ya noodle, mathew. You're a bet o' a pwance and a rawny fahr a mooehnt like dat."

Canada blushed. "I'm no fool, ey. I know she loves me."

"At least you can use ya noodle to figure she's gaht a glass eye fahr ya." Ireland laughed.

"I can't understand a word you are saying and can't keep up with this so I'm gonna go make lunch. Flat bread okay?" I stood up with some difficulty from the soreness of my scar. I had had difficulty getting up while pregnant and over the past four weeks I still hadn't lost any weight, except the baby itself.

"Know I know what you did, ya dammed wanker! Ya got her plugged!"

Canada's expression darkened from the carefree talk to the serious face he'd had when he had nearly thrown America across the room that morning telling me that Ireland had said something about the baby. I rushed to him and grabbed Canada's hand. "No need to get rough again, dear. Come make the sandwiches with me."

Canada got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed my empty cocoa cup off the coffee table. "We lost the baby..."

"Ahh. I'm sahrry lass. It seems to 'ave 'it 'im 'ard." Ireland said sympathetically.

With only a little trouble I deciphered what he said. "It's okay I guess... I don't cry as often anymore but his mood swings at the smallest mention of a child. Couldn't even stand to look at Sealand when the kid tried to sneak into the meeting the other day..."

"Keep tryin, lass. Loehck favahrs dahse who try."