Chapter 4: I will marry only one man

After a few minutes of waiting, the most awaited person arrived. Everyone bow their heads to pay their respect for the Great General, Yena Yeffin and another bow for the former Great General and her Husband.

When the Great General and the former Great General take their respective seats. Everyone also take their seats.

Yerri observed the woman sitted beside his father. She look like she was in her 30's. Yerri can't help but admit that most of her features came from her mother.

She curiously look at her so called Grandmother who was also a General in her prime years. Like her mother, she looks confident and full of wisdom. This pair of a mother and daughter had their sharp eyes that could see through everything. She shudder when she realize something, she is just an ordinary person in her previous life, she don't have those cheats like those transmigration story. Looks like it could be a really really hard life this time.

When she glance at her father, she want to laugh, her father was like a teenage girl who sit beside her ultimate crush. Her father's ears are suspiciously red. He may look calm and collected but his hand that is holding her are cold like ice. He really is nervous beyond measure. She is sure that her mother is her father's one love.

"Husband, can I hold our daughter?" Prince Xieju look at his wife. She always look majestic and heroic, with the armor that she is wearing and her tall stature and confidence really blend each other accordingly. They did not see each other for the past two years. He was afraid that this time he would not be the only one.

Every man in each branch would look at him with full of envy and jealousy. Who would not? In this world, a woman can marry more than one husband as long as she can provide them financially but a man can only marry with one woman.

Every noble clans all throughout the continent consist of four to ten husbands every household. It was only this Great General who had one husband throughout the history.

When she was young, she always accompany the former Great General in every war. Her talent far exceed the past generations, because of this, many noble houses offered their sons for marriage in hope for a connection but every single offer was rejected. Even the former Great General was worried of her daughter.

When the former Great General finally can't control herself, she accept one of the offer. It was an offer from a high ranking official. The former Great General saw this son of her once. He had an outstanding looks with a good character so she thought that his daughter would like this man even as a Concubine only. What she receives from her daughter was an angry look and said

"I will marry only one man in this life it would only be me, him and our children and nothing else."

The former Great General was left speechless by the statement.

Her statement change the views of every man in this world but not him. He believed that it was just a legend to heal the miserable life of every man. He saw with his own eyes the sufferings of his father because of his mother. Every painful step that he took until there's nothing left for him. Even he, his son was forgotten because of that stupid love. But right now he finally understand his father's fears. He was just thankful that his daughter really had the same face with his mother that maybe when the time comes that she will found someone then he might not suffer like his father.

Yerri was looking at her father and can't help but tug at his robe to wake him up from his reverie. Her mother was calling at him many times but he was just looking at her like she would disappear at any moment. His eyes even have a tears that's going to fall.

"Papa, mama said that she would hold me." Yerri said in a much louder voice.