Chapter 6: His child would be the key

When Yerri saw how red his face is, she decided to stop rubbing his belly. What if this Uncle will suddenly gives birth because of embarrassment?

Xiangjie can't help but felt embarass, even if this is just a child. No one had done something like this to him, added to the fact that she really look like her mother, who once he dream of becoming his wife.

"Uncle, when would you be giving birth with my little cousin?" With a curious look on her face Yerri asked.

"It would be next month, young lady."

"Can you inform me, Uncle? I really want to be there." Yerri give him her puppy eyes. She was really amaze by these facts and want to be there to witness what practices they will do.

Xiangjie was taken a back by these sudden question. The daughter of the Great General want to witness his delivery? He doesn't know what to feel, should he be happy or nervous?
After some deliberations, he don't have any power to decline if the Great General herself would agree.

"This Concubine will be very happy and grateful to receive such grace but the Great General..." Xiangjie didn't even finish his statement when the child answer him immediately.

"Oh right. Don't worry Uncle, let me handle my mother." Yerri forgot that she has a powerful identity. Even if she want to stay at the Third branch residence, no one would dare to complain.

"Yerri." Yerri lift her head to look at the person who called her and saw her mother.

"My apologies for my daughter's inappropriate actions." Yena didn't expect of her daughter's actions. Before it could make any tensions from every branch she must take her daughter first to make it clear to everyone that she don't have any favoritism of the third branch. She don't want to put the family into another conflict like what happened in the past.

"Don't do something like that again. It's inappropriate." Yena just said those words just to prevent something like that to occur again. She don't want to explain the other complicated meaning behind those actions. After all, She's too young to understand those things so to make it simple, she just blame it on the norms and culture of their Kingdom.

Yerri just nod her head in agreement and look at the Uncle who coincidentally was also looking at their direction. Yerri thought that there are so many things that she should do first and that would be to know the history and culture of this Kingdom she lives. She should prevent herself from doing inappropriate things in front of a crowd. She should remind herself that this is not the earth but another world.

Xiangjie look at the child and saw her turn her head to look at him too. His hand form into a fist inside his robe and a hidden flash past through his eyes.

Maybe just maybe he could finally save his family and his child would be the key.