Chapter 8: Can her luck get any better than this?

Yerri didn't know why her mother and father had the surprised look on their faces when she told them of her, buying some books. She didn't probe it any further, she was just a three years old after all. (Yerri forgot that buying some books is also not normal for a three years old child.)

After some reminders of her loving parents they finally let her go. With full of energy and spirit, Yerri slowly walk inside the carriage.

Yerri was amaze on how the carriage looks like those on some historical chinese movie. It's not like those luxurious type but comfortable enough to ride. She told her mother that she wants to dress like a commoner to avoid enticing attention. If everyone's eyes would be watching her every actions, that would be too creepy. You have to watch your every action to avoid embarassing yourself. That would be like depriving your freedom!

Yerri lift the curtain to look at the scenery outside and was amaze by the flower field. Next to the flower field is a very vast area of trees. The air that was touching her skin was so cool. It contrast with how the sun shine so bright.

Unlike the usually big buildings that she was used to. This is much more like the untainted face of earth, without the cars and factories which contaminated the earth.

Yerri decided to take a nap so she release the curtain to find a comfortable spot.

-----------------------------------------------------

After half an hour, Yerri heard the soft voice of her personal servant Yunyun which is trying to wake her up. She groaned as an answer.

When she was finally outside the carriage, she saw how big and high the capital's wall and gate is. Its wooden door is wide open welcoming the residents and merchants.

There are a total of 20 female soldiers at each side of the gate and another 20 female soldiers inspecting every person who wants to enter the capital.

Yerri just followed Yunyun to joined the queue.

When it was their time to be inspected, she saw Yunyun pulled a piece of paper and give it to one of the soldiers. When the soldier read what was written and saw the rare seal of the Great General, he glance at Yerri with a surprise look on her face and then make a small bow and wave her hand to indicate that they can enter.

With full of vigor, Yerri ran to the first stall she saw. The first stall she had ran into was a store full of different kinds of robes and hair ornaments.

The shopkeeper was a middle aged man with an ordinary face but possess a friendly aura. He gives Yerri a heartwarming smile and asked.

"Is this Young Lady finding some good stuffs to wear or a hair ornament for a gift? This servant can show more rare things."

The middle aged man is an experience person, so he doesn't judge a person base only on how they dress themselves. As far as he knew the simpler a person dress, the more noble they are.

"No, a simple one is better. Ah wait, Do you have at least the one that only had a two layer of clothes within?"

"Yes Young Lady, let this servant get the clothes first."

"That's good. Thank you."

Yerri decided to buy herself a new robe that would fit perfectly with her body and a simple one. She don't like her robe to have a very thick layer of cloth within, just like this one she was wearing.

Because this is an open store, Yerri just stand on the side of the street.

"Thief!"

A few feet away from where Yerri was standing, someone shouted. She just turn her body to look when the so called thief push someone who was in front of her. The latter stumbled and fell toward her. Because she was caught off guard she unconsciously lifted her hand to prevent the person to totally fall over but she didn't expect that the person was much bigger than her so it resulted her to be a human cushion instead.

"Young Miss!"

"Young Master!"

Yunyun and another servant shouted simultaneously.

Everyone in the street became silent and forgot about the so called thief. They just saw the things unfold in their eyes. The second son of the Right Prime Minister, Changlou is in an awkward situation. It's likely that this young boy would definitely be married with this unknown origin child.

Yerri closed her eyes and groaned in pain. She just arrived in this world but she always end up embarrassing herself in front of a crowd. Really, can her luck get any better than this?

When Yerri open her eyes, she was greeted with a very smooth and soft skin. Uh uh, She didn't do any inappropriate things again, right?