Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“WHAT?” Lexi asked a bit too loudly, causing a few heads in the lunch hall to turn in our direction. “You had se—”

“Lexi shut up!” I cut across her urgently. “God, should I hand you a mike?”

“Sorry.” she mumbled. She leaned in closer across the table, and this time when she spoke, her voice was hushed. “You had sex with Harry Styles?”

I nodded. I hadn’t told her I’d had sex with him while I was sober too, or the

“agreement” we had made. I didn’t want to tell her just yet.

“Wow.” she said. “How was he? Oh wait, you wouldn’t remember.”

“Erm, yeah.” I nodded. “I don’t. Lexi, you can’t tell anyone. You can’t ever talk about this again. It’s history, alright?”

She nodded. “Alright, I promise.” she said. “Wow. You and Harry.”

“There is no me and Harry, Lex. I told you, it was just that one time.”

Liar! My insides were screaming at me. You’re a liar!

***

I walked into History, and found an empty seat beside Niall. He was talking to a guy sitting in front of him, both of them laughing at something. I sat down, and Niall turned to look at me.

“Olivia!” he grinned, thumping my back. I smiled slightly. “How’re you doing?”

“Great.” I said. Just fucked your best friend in the girl’s washroom, no big deal.

“And what about…you know…Dylan?” he asked, his smile wavering slightly, his expression now showing concern.

I wanted to tell him it was none of his business, but I didn’t. Instead, I just shrugged. “Don’t know. And I don’t really care.” I hoped my tone made it clear that I didn’t really want to talk about Dylan. It probably did, because Niall just smiled and turned in front to continue talking to whoever he was talking to.

The teacher entered the class, and I almost immediately zoned out.

I wasn’t too sure if the whole “friends with benefits” thing was a good idea. I mean, I was never really one to be in serious relationships, but I didn’t know if only using someone for sex was a good idea.

But whenever I looked at Harry, I had this indescribable urge to—for the want of a better way to frame my words—pounce on him. I didn’t have any feelings for him, that much I was sure of. I barely knew him. But there were other things I felt when he was near me…physically. It had been just one time, but I was sure that even at that party, the only reason I would’ve walked up to him was because he was just so fit.

I sighed to myself. I was losing it. I was just going to have to wait and see how things turned out.

What I had done was impulsive and sudden and and made zero sense. It was so wrong. But even so, I didn’t regret it. I mean, how often do you get to simply have sex with someone and not have to be in a relationship with them?

The sudden knock on the class door snapped me out of my reverie. I looked up int time to see the teacher open the door to let in Harry. My eyes widened as he walked in. He looked around and smiled at Niall, and then looked at me. His smile was still in place, but it was more of a sly smirk now. I licked my lips slowly and looked back down, hoping no one had noticed my expression.

I looked up when the teacher said my name.

“Ms. Harper? Please accompany Mr. Styles to the library.” he said.