Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

*Olivia Harper*

“Olivia,” Linda said, as we sat on the dinner table and ate our food. Usually, dinners went by in silence. Initially, Dad would try to make small talk at the dinner table, but gave up after realizing that everything that Linda said resulted in me storming off to room halfway. “I thought you were going to call a friend over for dinner tonight.”

My hand stilled mid-air, as I remembered what she was talking about. I knew I’d asked Harry to come over for dinner, but seeing how he was obviously busy with Lexi, I didn’t bother to ask him to confirm.

“I never promised you I would,” I mumbled, chewing my food.

“Did you ask him?” she questioned.

I sighed. “Yeah, I did.” I told her. “He…er, said he had other plans.” I lied.

“Oh,” she said. “Well, call him over tomorrow.”

“Why the hell do you want to see him so bad?” I asked curiously.

“We’ve never met any of your friends,” Dad said.

“Er, so?” I asked incredulously. ”And anyway, you’ve met Lexi.”

“Ask him again,” Linda insisted.

I stared at her, wanting to voice my opinion about how creepy I thought she was. Instead, I just shrugged. “I guess I will. Don’t count on it though, because he seems to be a bit busy these days.”

—-

I was drunk.

The music was a blur to my ears, and the room was spinning. People were talking around me, some were talking to me, but I couldn’t figure out what they were saying. I stumbled around, looking at everyone having fun. I was drunk, but I wasn’t even remotely enjoying myself, like I usually did. But I drank anyway.

I knew Lexi was about to arrive for the party too. She was like me, she seldom missed a chance to go out and party. It’s how we became friends, after all. I had a feeling she would arrive with Harry, for some reason.

Turns out, I was right. I had no idea when they’d come, but Lexi and Harry did indeed walk into the club after a while. I watched them enter, as I downed a shot. Lexi was clinging on to Harry’s arm, and they waved at people and smiled together. I frowned to myself. Why were they acting so coupley? What, were they together now?

I hated this. I hated caring about whether Harry and Lexi were together or not. What was it to me? Harry and I weren’t dating. I simply sat on the stool, watching them as I down shot after shot. Harry hadn’t seen me yet.

I recalled a few parties we had previously gone to together. The rush of music and blood pounding in my ears, the dizziness spreading through my veins as the alcohol worked its magic, the fele of Harry’s body pressed against mine, as we danced together, not caring whether anyone was watching us or not. Harry’s hot breath on my ear as he told me how he couldn’t take it anymore, and his strong grip on my arm as he dragged me to the nearest room and kissed me desperately. I closed my eyes, as I remembered everything, and I missed it.

I felt a hand enclose around my lower arm, and I opened my eyes. I blinked a few times to focus on who it was, and then frowned.

“Harry?” I slurred.

He stood towering over me, his curls a mess, and his green eyes full of concern.

“How drunk are you?” he asked me.

“Mmmm.” I mumbled, not replying to his question.

“I should take you home.” he said, but he was smiling. I reached up and poked his dimple. “Why do you always do that?”