Chapter Six

Chapter Six

*Olivia Harper*

When I woke up, I was surprised to see that I was lying in my own bedroom, and not anyone else’s—mainly, Harry’s. I sat up slowly, and groaned. My limbs were aching, and my head yet again felt like it was going to split into two. I fumbled around for my phone to see if I could find any clue as to how I got back home. I saw one unread message from Harry.

In case you’re wondering how you’re in your room, I sneaked you in after…well, you know. You’re welcome.

I quickly sent him a reply, thanking him, and then headed straight for the shower. I quickly got out after twenty minutes and headed down for some breakfast.

I was not surprised to see dad and Linda cast me an angry look when I walked down. Dad set the newspaper down and opened his mouth to talk, but Linda held up her hand, indicating that she was going to speak first. I rolled my eyes and turned away from them, and helped myself to some toast.

“Your behavior was uncalled for,” Linda said, and I didn’t bother looking at her. I simply spread some jam on the bread. “We asked you specifically not to go out, yet you did. Your father asked you to come back home, and you hung up on him. Where were you? And who were you with?”

I didn’t reply, but continued eating my food.

“Olivia, I think I asked you something.” Linda said. She caught my wrist as I lifted the toast to my mouth. “Look at me when I’m talking to you.”

“Jesus!” I yelled, and let the toast fall back onto the plate as I wrenched my arm from her gasp. “Don’t touch me.”

“Liv, behave,” Dad warned.

“You guys won’t even let me eat my breakfast!” I said. I got up, sighing angrily.

“Olivia, finish your food.” Linda ordered.

“Not thanks.” I snapped. “And don’t you ever touch me again.”

I stalked up to my bedroom and banged the door shut behind me. Sighing, I grabbed my phone and dialed Lexi’s number. She picked up on the fourth ring.

“Liv?” she answered.

“Hey, Lex.” I said. “What’s up with you?”

“I called you so many times last night!” she said. “Where were you?”

I opened my mouth to answer her, but hesitated. Telling her the truth would be risky. If I told her I was with Harry last night, she might get slightly suspicious. She knew Harry and I weren’t friends, and I planned to keep her under that impression for at least some time.

“Hello? Liv?” Lexi asked, when I didn’t reply.

“Yeah, sorry—” I said hurriedly. “I was just—erm, yeah, I was sleeping last night.”

Lexi laughed. “What?”

“Yeah, I was tired.” I muttered.

She chuckled. “Wow, okay.” she said. “Anyway, the reason I called you was because…Dylan wanted to talk to you.”

“Dylan?” I asked. His name now sounded strange on my tongue. I hadn’t spoken to him—or about him—in weeks now, and he had literally disappeared—at least from my life. I knew Lexi still talked to him some times, but we never mentioned him when we were together. I preferred it that way, because it was honestly a bit awkward and I wanted to move on. Dylan was a finished chapter in my book, and besides, I had more pressing issues to worry about. Like Harry and our pact, and making sure I kept things according to our rules of romance being out of bounds along with the situation at home. Moreover, I felt guilty lying to Lexi, because I hadn’t ever done that before. There was already too much on plate without having to worry about trying to fix things with Dylan as it is, especially when I didn’t really want to.