Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

*Olivia Harper*

Harry left a few hours later, and I almost begged him to stay. It was hard for me to believe how much better he’d made me feel within the course of a few hours. The weight on my heart was still there, but it was considerably lighter. He promised he’d call later in the night, or I could call whenever I wanted to. Before leaving, he’d stroked my cheek softly and planted a kiss on my lips, and the gesture struck me as odd. We were never this loving or gentle with each other. But I wasn’t complaining. It was comforting, and I liked it. I liked Harry being gentle, because I hadn’t seen that side of him too often. But every time I did, I liked it.

I got texts from the boys asking me how I was feeling, and I figured Harry had told them. I smiled, quite touched by their concern, and assure them I was okay.

As anticipated, Linda and Dad hadn’t returned by dinner time. I ended up heating some left over pizza, too lazy to really cook anything—not that I could cook at all. I took my food up to my room and switched on the TV.

Halfway through my first slice, my phone rang. I checked who it was, and smile when I saw the name flashing on my screen. I picked up.

“Hello?”

“What,” Harry asked, “do you think about dinner with me tomorrow?”

“Er, let’s see,” I said carefully. “Do I have a choice?”

“No,” he joked.

I laughed. “I thought so,” I said. “Alright, sounds good to me.”

“Great,” he said happily. “I’ll pick you up at around seven, okay?”

“Okay,” I agreed.

“Fine, see you then,” he said.

“Okay,” I said, and then added, “Oh and Harry?”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you.”

He chuckled. “You already said that about a hundred times today,” he ribbed.

“Uh, just two,” I argued.

He laughed. “It’s fine,” he told me. “I’ll always be there for you, okay?”

“Okay.” I said. “Bye, Harry. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye, love.” He said, and hung up.

---

*Harry Styles*

“I knew it!” Louis cried, and I could hear the smile in his voice. I could picture his smug smile so easily in my head, and it was annoying. “I knew you were in love with her.”

“Love is a strong word,” I sighed into the phone.

“Oh, so you’re not in love with her?” he asked, and we both knew the answer to his question.

“I didn’t say that,” I mumbled, blushing.

He laughed. “That’s what I thought.” He said. “So…what now?”

“I don’t know, Louis.” I sighed. “I can’t tell her—”

“Why not?” he questioned.

“What do you mean ‘why not?’?” I asked. “Louis…we made a deal, remember?”

“Harry…” Louis groaned, and I pictured him rolling his eyes. “You’re so stupid. None of that matters anymore, okay? Your ‘deal’ or whatever…all of that’s out of the window. You should tell her.”

The Deal (English)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara