最后 ; finale ⁂

hence, these tears and sorrow

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

"lover come close.
run your hands
up my bare arms,
not slow but fast.
send the electricity I need
to jump start my heart.
to be in your arms is love,
safety, and passion too.
it is how you bring me
back to life,
revive what was lost,
restore what was shattered.
we are born to be loved,
to be cherished
for who we are,
unconditionally."

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

the afternoon sun is blazing, but the air is colder

the afternoon sun is blazing, but the air is colder. the sky is washed with grey, watery light illuminating thin patches to brilliance. the park looks like an unfinished painting. so much of the canvas still perfectly white, as if waiting for the artist's hand to return.

winter is a time for miracles. just like the snow, happiness befalls on those who wait upon it.

happiness came to her in the form of a beating heart. in the form of a young boy who turned out to be just as broken as she was.

the night she stepped into the train heading out and away from the city she grew up in, never did she ever picture in her mind; sitting side by side with the love of her life, under the heavy branches covered in snow in the middle of winter.

never did she ever imagine feeling him lean against her shoulder, playing with their intertwined fingers as if he can never get enough of how perfectly they fit together. never did she ever think of having her heart beat in an uncontrollable pace for she had always seemed to be able to calm it easily.

never did she ever expect to feel so happy, so complete, so...

"come closer."

...loved.

he's scooting closer towards her on the bench, an angelic smile on his face. and she's smiling back at him, tightening her hold on his hand as if saying that she never wants to let go.

jeon jeongguk has never been happier. it's flowing through him, warming his skin like the rays of an early summer sun. "do you remember?" there's a softness to his voice, and it makes her heart twist.

"remember what?" she says, leaning to his side.

he laughs, it's bittersweet. "remember when i first saved your clumsy ass from getting hit by a truck?"

"i wasn't clumsy! it was dark and i wasn't focused."

"that's called being clumsy," he pipes, chest heaving forwards slightly as he laughs some more. she hits him on the thigh, face contorting into one of embarassment.