213

It takes a while for me to get an update on Georgia, but my mind has been other places.

I saved thousands of allied lives. Me. Thomas fucking Shelby. I, along with a couple other Small Heath boys, tunneled and actually did fucking something to help in the war.

"Shelbys!" The postman shouts and the three of us walk over to him, getting our letters.

"My Tom,

Your fucking eyes. Are you joking? It was like an instant cure for me. I looked at your stupid fucking eyes and I couldn't help but feel better.

Also, I can't fucking believe that Arthur drew that. How many tries did that take?

There was a rumor that some Small Heath boys did some major help with one of the battles, and knowing you I'm sure you roused them all to do whatever it was. I'm proud of you, my love. You're one tough fucker.

I'm swearing a lot in this letter, but I guess it's because it feels like talking to you.

I do still miss you terribly, but now I'm working everyday and it makes me feel better. Gives me a reason to leave bed.

I wrote to Arthur, because I feel like he must feel left out when you and John are getting letters from me and Martha. So I wrote to him saying that my mate Dorothy asked about him, which she did. Maybe I'll have a wife sorted for him when he gets back. Or just a girl to write to for moral or whatever. It's what's recommended apparently. I also heard that boats with letters have been going down so if you ever don't get something, let me know so I can write again.

Thank you for making me feel better from hundreds of miles away. Pol knew just what to do when I was lost and you made me feel better. I love you, Thomas Shelby.

Yours always,

Georgia"

"Georgia wrote to me, Tom! You jealous?" Arthur shouts with a smile on his face.

"Her friend asked about you. She thinks you could have a wife but the time we're home." I say in a joking manner and he shakes his head.

"Arthur Shelby with a wife doesn't sound right." John says and Arthur agrees.

"It's Dorothy Tims." I say and John's eyebrows raise.

"She's fit, mate!" Danny says, coming over to the three of us.

"She is fit." Arthur nods. "Haven't talked to her in years. I wonder what made her think of me."

"Georgia said that there was a rumor circling round back home about how we helped at Mons. Don't know how the fuckers there got word, but they did. Now read your letter from my wife, Arthur. She thanked you for your drawing." I say and Arthur nods, opening the envelope.

"Arthur," He reads out. "'Thank you so very much for your drawing. I didn't know you could do that.' She didn't know I could draw? She's never seen the horses? That's interesting. Anyway, 'The drawing really meant the world to me. My friend, Dorothy Tims, asked about you. I think I'll give her the address so she can start writing, let me know if you'd like that, she's really a lovely girl, and she's had a secret thing for you ever since I first brought her to the Garrison when we were eighteen. She'd kill me for saying that, so don't mention it if you do start writing to her.' That's funny. I remember when she came to the Garrison that day. She looked well good." He nods. "Could've only gotten better."

"Wasn't Georgia upset that she turned up? Said it was the first time she'd seen her in months." John asks.

"Georgia's dramatic." I shake my head. "I'm amazed you remember her gossip."

"You'd be amazed with what you'll remember when you're here, Tommo." John laughs, taking a seat between Arthur and I.

"I have more letter to read here, if you don't mind." Arthur says and John and I nod and he continues reading as I light a cigarette. "'Anyway, I hope you're being as safe as possible, but knowing you boys you must be getting up to some antics. The house is quiet without you three and it's really starting to set in that you'll be gone for a while. Love you loads big brother, Georgia.' That was nice." He nods.

"Tell her to write to me next." John says before standing, and Arthur follows, leaving me to read my letter from my wife again.