246

"Thomas,

You broke my dear Georgia. She's been crying for days again, and she's just staring at that picture of your eyes when she's not crying.

It's fascinating how just one sentence you say can send her off the rails. It really shows how much of a brave face she's putting on, because she's making it seem like everything on her part is perfectly fine. That there's no difference in her from when you're here to when you're gone.

She's also been chain-smoking, and not eating. But don't worry, I can fix that. I can fix all of it, but I want you to think about how you word things, next time. I want you to tell me how you're feeling and then I can tell her. She can't hear the way that you're talking without being able to physically touch you. To try to make you feel better.

You're going to have to do a lot of talking with her when you get back so that she can figure you out again, but I want you to send her little things that made you think of her throughout the day to brighten her. Make her put that brave face on for a bit longer. I want you to be her power source on hard days. The things that you say to her affect her mood in an unbelievable way, Thomas.

Keep her strong.

Love you and your brothers endlessly,

Elizabeth Gray."

I sigh as I look at Polly's letter, putting it with my others.

I had a feeling that when I didn't get a response within a couple of days from Georgia that something was off. That she was having another low day—days. And now Polly is regulating what I can and can't say to my fucking wife. MY fucking wife.

But I understand why she's protecting her from my words. Because she knows how deeply the love that Georgia and I have for each other truly runs. There was a time where we got into a pretty big spat and it completely shattered both of us because we weren't speaking for three days. It truly changed the both of us, and it was when Polly first realized that we were basically soulmates.