1,142

"Georgia,

Tom's not well. And before your mind starts racing, he's fine health-wise. 

He just misses you. 

It's hit us all extra hard how long we've been away, and we're all really starting to struggle.

Spread word to wives and families and tell Pol to spray her perfume on her letters. It would be nice to have a memory from home.

Miss you.

Your brother,
John Shelby."

-

"Martha, we're going to get pictures taken at the end of the week." I say, walking into the house. "John sent me a letter, everyone's starting to get homesick on their end, so I've arranged for all the ladies to have pictures sent to their men overseas." I say, walking up the stairs.

"I'm in yours! It's a mess in here, Gi." She says and I lean on the doorframe.

"I'm never home. You know I can barely stand to be here without Tom." I say and she puts a hand on my shoulder. 

"Yeah, imagine having a kid with him. I see him in her every day."

"She's so much like John." I laugh and hug her. "I'm glad I have you at my side, sister." 

"Yeah, I'm happy to have you too. Imagine it was just one of us and Pol." She shakes her head. "At least you work at the Garrison so if she does get too drunk there, she's got someone to take her home."

"She's been through a lot in the past few years." I say and she gives a small nod. "With James' death and her kids being taken away what? Five years ago?" I ask and she nods. 

"She has been through it." She nods. "Enough gossip, help me clean." She motions me into my room and I help her pick up the dresses from the week that I was yet to launder.

/

i forgot this existed again fuck sorry!!!