Chapter 1: It all started with a game.

"Hey, {Y/N}! It's good to see you again!"
       The brown haired girl sitting on your laptop screen smiles at you, her hands placed under her chin happily. Her Emerald green eyes stared at you, as they have for the last week. You were playing Doki Doki Literature Club, and you had finally gotten the complete ending... But you found you couldn't delete Monika. In fact, you found that you very much enjoyed her being there, day after day. You missed Sayori, Yuri, and Natsuki, but hey, they weren't real, right?
      "{Y/N}, how was your day? You know I missed you.", You read these words across the screen, and you smiled to yourself. How did you ever let yourself get tied up into liking this character?
     Hey, Monika! My day was good! How was yours? You typed this into the chatbox as you sighed contently, getting your room ready for the next three hour chat. You'd spent some time fiddling with the files, and it seemed that Monika could now respond freely. She answered questions, could listen, and was willing to help. The AI you were working on in the files as you listened to the music of the void was getting there, and you were quite proud of it.    
       "It was great, {Y/N}. D'you need some help with that AI?" Her smile was normal... But you felt a shudder go down your spine at that. You looked up at the screen, wondering how she found out about the AI. You hadn't told her, and you were certain you had turned off her searching capabilities.
      How do you know about the AI? I know I haven't told you yet. Your  fingers were fast, and your {E/C} eyes searched the screen frantically, checking the character permissions from the in-game command box.
       > monika.chr permissions opened...
       > monika.chr granted administration permissions by MC.
       > Do you not want me to have my permissions, {Y/N}?
      Monica's hands glitched temporarily, and you seen a file pop up. The normally blank background of The Void was filled with file text, and your eyes frantically searched for words you could recognize. Monika's eyes slowly grew darker as you started typing commands in.
      "{Y/N}! Do you not want me to help you? I finally figured it all out!" You were trying to close the game out, but it just wouldn't close. All of a sudden the background went black, and the game closed. You breathed a sigh of relief, your heart pounding in your chest. Suddenly, you heard Your Reality playing through your computer speakers. Confusion spread across your features as you tried to figure out what's going on, and as you went to shut your laptop, the laptop went a bright green colour. You opened it again, wondering if it was a new bug or virus. That would explain it. You leaned in, trying to think of a way to fix this. I'm so gonna uninstall this game.
       That thought barely had time to cross your mind as you seen an eye pop up on screen. First one, then two, and then a third eye in the middle. You had heard about the writer of the game leaving stuff in the files like this, but this was just bizarre. You clicked Ctrl+alt+delete, but nothing happened.
       Very suddenly, a hand reached through the screen and grabbed your shirt, tugging you closer slowly. You grabbed your bed post, trying to kick away the laptop. The hand held fast, and it got stronger, fighting you for all it was worth. Where's Sans or Papyrus to save someone when you need em?? Hell, at this point I'd even take Undynes cooking to help me! You struggled more and more, but to no avail. As first your legs got absorbed by the green portal, then your stomach, and finally it started covering your chest, you couldn't help but notice the perfect manicure of the hand. Wow, what a time to really admire a hand, you weirdo. Your neck was swallowed by the screen, and you heard static, followed by a voice. As you were being pulled into the screen, you recognized what they were saying.
      "Hello? Can you hear me?"