Chapter 9: First day of school

You awake with your senses overloaded. It's very loud around you, your eyes are assaulted by a multitude of colours, and you are very specifically tasting blood. Not old blood either. Fresh blood. You cough, and you feel your chest get plastered with something thick and wet. As your eyes slowly adjust, you see Monika standing over you, gripping your shoulder as she is constantly saying your name. You stand up, slowly, and your eyes slowly adjust to the full lighting, and you realize where you are.
Yuri and Natsuki stand over you, as well as several people you don't recognize. You don't see Sayori, but as you sit up, you know your in a classroom. You seem to be in their highschool. The grey walls are very nicely cleaned, and you notice your new uniform has a red spackle to it now. Great, you didn't paint the town red, you painted yourself dumbass. Everybody seemed to be staring at you, before you realized you were the tallest person in the room, standing at an even 6'. You chuckled and blushed, looking at Monika. "What uh... What happened?" You asked, very nervous.

"Well, for starters, you just kinda sat down before curling over in pain. Secondly, coughing up blood is not a good thing. Third, don't make me best you up for scaring me!" She punched your arm lightly, but the nervous look didn't leave her eyes. Yuri's eyes seemed fixated on the blood spackle, while Natsuki had already returned to her seat. You sighed as you smiled, excusing yourself to the bathroom.
Way to draw attention to yourself, dummy. *Sighs* let's see what we can do about this. You didn't get to make it to the bathroom before the bell rang though, and Monika and Yuri quickly caught up to you. They each helped you walk, and Monika began to help clean up the blood on your jacket.
"Seriously, {Y/N}, you even had Yuri scared!" She said it angrily, but you could tell she was just nervous. She finally cleaned you off, and she smiled softly. "I'm glad your ok, you big dummy. Come on, it's time for the club!" She said, and she began to tug you alone, Yuri following suit.
As you entered the club room, the first thing you noticed was the significant difference in the atmosphere. It didn't take long for you to get relaxed, your anxiety calming down as you opened up your book, sitting next to Monika with a smile. Monika chuckled as she held your arm, before looking at you in concern. She mouthed something, but you were still a little off. It took a second before it clicked. Do you remember me? You nodded, before holding her hand, pulling her in for a hug. She blushed as she kissed your cheek, and you both started reading before you caught the sound of footsteps. That's gotta be Sayori. Then you noticed something, there was two sets of footsteps. The door was pushed open, and you seen this small skinny boy, his eyes angry and upset, and behind him stood Sayori, her eyes apologetic and hopeful. They both stepped inside, and Sayori took her nervous pose, her fingers fidgeting as she sighed.
"H-hey guys! This is our newest member, James!" Her voice was so hopeful and bubbly, you couldnt help but smile. You looked over at James, and you decided to get a read on him. He was very arrogant, and you also got the feeling he was gonna be a hard hassle. His eyes seemed to only flow along the girls, despite Sayori so desperately trying to get his attention. As you watched him, your mouth turned in disgust, and you could see his eyes turn over onto Monika, whose arm was wrapped in yours. So this is our character from the game. We never thought he'd be this bad. Monika smiled, standing tall as she welcomed James, and you stood behind her, holding her waist. Your hand tightened, and you seen James notice. This one is mine. Remember that. And if I get my way, you won't have yours. You didn't like this guy, and you slowly smiled, the little psychotic thoughts rising to the surface as you stuck your hand out. "My name is {Y/N}. It's so very nice to meet you, James. I hope you enjoy the club."
He gripped your hand, and you felt the surge of anger passing through him. Your eyes darkened as you levelled up to him, standing right up to him. He barely reached your chin, and your eyes were very dark, as you whispered in his ear, "Just remember, if you hurt or take advantage of any of these women, I'll kill you. Worse than any deletion ever could." He smiled up at you, and his eyes seemed bright.
"Don't worry. I only want the one your hands are on." He said.

"Good luck James.", Your smile melted as you squeezed his hand, and you looked at him in distaste.

"By the way, {Y/N}, just remember, dying in here is dying out there."