Chapter 3: I'm hearing voices now. Great

The first day of high school was difficult for me. I remember sitting back with my book, the uniform tight against my breast. I loved to read, but... Most people didn't feel the same. As I frowned, my eyes crinkled slightly, and I heard a soft laugh. When I looked up, I seen this girl looking at me, arms crossed. She looked tall, and had soft light red hair. It was tied into pigtails, and her eyes were a soft hazel. "Well, let me tell you, books like those are kinda fun to read. But maybe I can show you a better place to read?" She said with a triumphant, confident smile. I nodded softly, quiet as I nervously grabbed a piece of my raven coloured hair. "Hey, if you wanna know, come on!" The girl gestured, swinging her hand as she moved out the door. I stood up, only to realize she was actually quite short as I easily caught up. She seemed to get slightly frustrated at keeping up with my longer pace, but once I slowed down that confidence returned. She stopped suddenly in front of a door, and I nearly dropped my book, which I was holding close to my breast. She looked prideful as she looked up at me. "Welcome to the Literature Club! My name is Natsuki, and I'm sure you'll like it here...." She looked at a loss as she looked at me. I suddenly realized she needed my name.
"Yuri."
______________________________________

As you looked at Monika in shock, she seemed very happy, going as far as to bounce. She looked up at you, and noticed your shock. "{Y/N}, did I do something wrong? Do you not wanna be here with me?" Her green eyes showed deep concern, and sudden sadness until you stepped in.
"No, Monika, of course not. I just... Thought that it might get a bit lonely here after a while. Could you not have come to my world, where I had enough of everything to fill every plot ho- I mean every need you could possibly have." You suggested, slightly worried about the state of your apartment. Your poor cats, Mr. Fluffykins and Mr. Deadlocks couldn't possibly survive. Well, maybe just better to live and let die. Living la vida Loca? Why don't you try listening to life va vida© for this one buddy. {Nice thought weird voice. What are you anyway?} A convenient fourth wall break for the author to make jokes? {Ah, well thank you! Just please remember, for the majority of this, BEGONE THOT!} It didn't take long for her to cheer up, especially once you stepped up and gave her a hug. Her hair was really soft, and she smelled surprisingly like-fresh ink?- {Ahem} lavenders, which was your favorite smell. You couldn't help but notice she was a good book smaller than you, sans would be proud, and as she clung to you tightly, her sniffling stopped.
"{Y/N}, you know you dont have to lie to me, right? If you don't wanna be here, you don't have to lie about it." Monika's voice was shaky, as if her whole world was about to tell her it didn't like her, which, technically, you kinda were her whole world. It was only you and her here, afterall. "Which... After all I did, I suppose I would deserve that. I'm kinda surprised you didn't delete me." Her hair bounced as she stepped back, looking into your eyes. It was the first time you noticed her attire for real. Her shirt was a soft grey, and it clung to her form. Underneath, she had a soft brown vest, with a white dress shirt (blouse?) on. Her shirt was made of the same material as her shirt/jacket. Her leggings were black, and from there on you tried not to notice her uhm... Do you wanna say pixellated devices, or does literary devices work for you? Of course, we could also say- {*sound of duct tape is heard, along with muffled protests.* Sorry guys. Back to the story.} Uhm.... Figure. Yep. Figure. Simple seems to work for you well here. She seemed to be waiting on your answer.
You took a minute responding, because truthfully, this was alot to take in. "First off, Monika, I wouldn't lie to you. I wanna be here, with you. But neither am I gonna lie, I would rather not be in this... Game, because if something happened, and say the game or files crashed, or bugged out, what would happen to you and I?" My point was made, I hoped, as I sat back. I rubbed the bridge of my nose, trying to ignore the headache that was slowly growing worse. "So, do you have any idea how to get out of here?"
She tapped her chin thoughtfully, before we heard someone clear their throat, and we both spun in surprise.
"I-I may know how to do that for you."