Chapter 4 | The Girl Is Mine

04. THE GIRL IS MINE

 THE GIRL IS MINE

• • • • • •

JOE

I couldn't just let my best friend and my ex-girl leave together. 

"Eww this food is nasty," Rachel says, spitting her food out into a napkin. I really wasn't paying any attention to her, my mind was on Jasmine and Jon.

After I broke up with Jasmine, I've felt regretful, empty and lost inside. I couldn't stop thinking about her smile, her laugh, her eyes. I was such an idiot to let her go and now I'm in a relationship that I don't know how to get out of, a toxic one if I may add.

I shouldn't have left that gym, I should've believed everything Jasmine was saying but instead, I feel into Rachel's madness. And now she's probably dating my best friend which is making me feel jealous and betrayed.

I still loved Jasmine with all my heart and to be honest, she was my girl first. "Babe, BABE?" Rachel yells my name while grabbing my hand.

"What?" I asked looking over at her. "Are you even listening to me?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah mhmm yeah honey. Uh, I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back" I stood up going to catch up to Jon and Jasmine.

• • • • • •

"Jon, you are such a fool. Well, thanks for walking me back to my locker room. I'm be heading out soon" I said with a smile, pulling him into a hug then I was about to enter my locker room but he stopped.

"Jasmine, wait," He says. "Yeah" I turned around, realized how close he was to my face. I looked deep into his blue eyes and then to his lips.

"Oh, hell no" A voice jumping up on us quickly. "Joe, what the hell are you doing?" Jon says.

"What the hell are you both doing?" Joe asked angrily. "Jon was trying to tell me something until you-"

"Oh no, that's not what I saw," Joe says crossing his arms in front of his chest and I gave him a look.

"Even if you saw what you saw, why do you care so damn much. Don't you got a girlfriend?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows. Joe opened his mouth but quickly closed it, it seemed he didn't have an answer to that.

"Is there a reason why you are here?" Jon asked, clenching his jaw. "I need to talk to Jasmine alone"

"Wait, for what and why alone, you can't say it to me right now?" I asked confused. "I just-just need to talk to you alone please," He says with an anxious tone and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine," I said with a sigh, opening the door to my locker room for him to enter when he walked in.

"Are you sure about this, Jasmine?" Jon asked, looking at me with worry. "Yeah, it's fine. I'll see ya tomorrow" I said with a smile, kissing his cheek. And when I walked into the locker room, closed the door behind me.