Chapter 6 | There You Go

06. THERE YOU GO

 THERE YOU GO

• • • • • •

"Joe?" I yelled, coming down from the stairs. 

"What?" He yelled from the living room while playing video games.

"Where's Jalen's lion?" I asked trying to soothe Jalen, I've been trying to get Jalen to sleep for a nap.

"I don't know, check under the couch" Joe replied.

"Shh it's okay Jalen, look it's Simba, you love that movie don't you!" I asked, looking at my son then under the couch.

"Mmmm" He murmured, I sighed in relief, grabbing the Simba stuffed animal from in between the dust bunnies.

"Look Jalen, look who I found" I handed him the toy and he babbled happily. I smiled as well and sung the same lullaby I did with Aaliyah and when he was finally asleep. I went to put him in his crib and I went to stand on stairs to talk Joe. 

"He's asleep?" Joe asked still playing video games. "Yeah but maybe it would've been more easy, if you actually fucking help me," I said walking down the stairs. 

"I do help, what do you mean?" He asked pausing the game and looking over at me with an attitude.

"Yeah, when you want to," I said and Joe rolled his eyes. "Well, I work all damn time" He mumbled. 

"Excuse me?" I asked, standing in front of him with a hand on my hip.

"You heard me, Jasmine. I work all the time, I would love to just come home and relax. I mean I put food on the table, I put clothes on my children's back and I pay all the fucking bills around here, It is so bad to ask for some quiet time" Joe snaps. I couldn't believe my ears, sure we'd had little fights here and there, but he was never like this.

"I get what you are saying Joe and I tell you every day how grateful I am for you but It's not like I'm asking you for much. Of course, you pay the bills, put food on the table and all the shit but I'm the one who takes care of your children 24/7 on dot, I cook and clean. You aren't the only one working all the damn time" I yelled, unsure how this argument was gonna go.

"What has gotten into you, I mean you have never had a problem before helping me with kids now it's a fucking problem?" I asked him.

"Maybe I'm just tired of you" Joe shouted and the entire house seemed to go silent.

"Okay, well maybe you should've married someone else then since I'm so fucking tiring," I said dashing upstairs to our shared bedroom. 

"Jazz!" I heard him yell after me. I didn't bother to close the door, I just dug my face deeper into my hands as sat on our king size bed. A pair of familiar arms wrapped themselves around me. 

"Get off of me, Joe" I shoved him away from me and stood up.

"I'm sorry baby I-I," Joe says, looking into my eyes with sad ones. "I don't know why I said that I'm so grateful to have you and you're such a great mother to our children."

"Nah, if you are so tired of me and I'm such a bad fucking wife why don't you just be done with it and move on from me," I yelled at him with anger.

"Jasmine" I continued my anger rambling. "Jasmine!" He says again a little louder but it doesn't work, so he pulled me into a sweet kiss which shuts me up, he then pulls away. 

"I'm sorry for what I said, I didn't mean it and I love you so much okay," Joe says with a smile.

"Come on, can I see that pretty smile," He says tickling my side and I couldn't take mad at him. I smiled and pulled him down for a kiss. 

"Ewww, Mama and Daddy kissing," Aaliyah says in the doorway with disgust look her face.

"Aaliyah, what are you doing up from your nap," I asked, looking at her and she just giggled and ran away.

"Do you forgive me?" Joe asked. "I forgive you boo but don't ever say some shit like that ever again" I tilted my head upwards and kissed him.

"I won't and you know what I'm cooking dinner for you and the kids tonight," Joe says pulling away and taking my hand into his, he went to cook dinner with Aaliyah and I went woke up Jalen. 

"Daddy, you silly!" Aaliyah laughs as I walked into the kitchen holding Jalen in my arms.

"Oh, look at my baby boy," Joe says, kissing his son's head. "Hi," he smiled back at me with his charming smile. 

"Hey!" I said smiling back. I went to sit in the living room to get ready to breastfeed him as Joe sat Aaliyah in her high chair for her to eat then I felt him came up behind me and places his hand on my shoulders.

"You are the best mother and wife ever, I love you" Joe whispered in my ear and kissed behind it. 

"Love you too and now go feed Aaliyah, I'll be done feeding Jalen soon" I giggled and kissed his lips before waving him away.

• • • • • •

"Jasmine, can you come to help me please," Joe yells and I rushed in our master bathroom with Jalen. Finding Aaliyah crying up a storm, she was half-dressed with wet hair and clinging to Joe's arm.

"What's wrong, Aaliyah?" I asked. "I don't want to go to bed," She says resting her head on Joe's shoulder. I sighed, "Aaliyah, it's almost time for bed"

"No!!!, mama I don't" Aaliyah yelled with a whine. "Inside voice, young lady" Joe says.

"Joe, you get Jalen ready for bed. I'll get Aaliyah" I said handed him Jalen then squatted down to Aaliyah's height when he left.

"Come here baby girl," I tickled her sides, she gigged. I picked her up then left the room and I wandered into her bedroom over to her closet.

"I want to wear this one mama!" she squealed, clapping her hands. I grabbed the hello kitty nightgown and slipped her shirt over her head, replacing it with the dress.

"Let's go to bed now" I set her in her crib.

"No, No, No!!" she fussed shaking the edge of the crib. 

"Aaliyah Jade, stop," I said giving her motherly look and she pouted, picked her up gently and rocked her in my arms. 

"Rock a bye baby, in the treetop

When the wind blows, the cradle will rock

When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall

And down will come baby, cradle and all"

When I looked down, Aaliyah was fast asleep. I placed her in her crib again, tucking her in and kissing her forehead. I turned around to leave and Joe was in the doorway.

"Jalen is asleep," He says. We both walked out, flipping the light switch off and softly cracking the door, Joe and I stood in the hallway.

"I'm so glad I married you," Joe says, pulling me into his arms and pull me into a kiss. "Now that Aaliyah and Jalen are asleep, I think we deserve some alone time, yeah?"

"You read my mind" I kissed him again and he leads me to our bedroom.