Chapter 11 | Déjà Vu

011. DEJI VU

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

JOE

"Oh my gosh, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. "Jasmine says, looking down at Kennedy's engagement ring, we were at our favorite restaurant in Los Angeles since we had two shows here this weekend. 

"Congrats!" I said with a smile. "Thank you" They both at the same time, then looked at each other with blissful eyes.

"Well, I'm the maid of honor right?" Jasmine asked. "Of course, sis" 

"Yasss bitch!!" Jasmine says, snapping her fingers with her tongue out, I just laughed at her silliness. 

"Anyways, enough about us. What about you guys, are we getting any nephews or nieces yet" Kennedy asked, hitting me on the arm which made me laugh nervously. 

"Oh, um we're probably gonna wait on having kids," I said with a smile, wrapping my arm around Jasmine's shoulders which I felt her tense.

"Well, that's ok. Give you guys more time to prepare, I guess," Kennedy says and Jon nodded with a smile. 

"Right so, where do you both want to get married at?" Jasmine asked, quickly changing the subject and after the double date dinner was over.

"Bye, guys. Drive safe" I said waving bye to them with Jasmine by my side. We both walked to the car, she got in the car as I did the same but she was really quiet the whole ride back to our hotel suite, to quiet that it was bothering me.

"Babe, you ok?" I asked her, putting my hand on her lap. "Mhmm" Jasmine answered and I wasn't really convinced by that answer. When I parked into the hotel parking deck; not full stopping, she jumps out of the car. 

"Jasmine?" I called her name but she kept walking to get through the entrance, entering the lobby. 

"Damn," I said with a sigh, taking the keys out the ignition and following her inside.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked, walking into the hotel suite and closing the door behind me. 

"My problem is, you telling our friends that we're gonna wait on kids when we haven't even talked about the topic of kids," Jasmine says, walking over to the couch to sit, I followed and sitting next to her. 

"I'm sorry, baby," I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder. 

"I don't understand do you not want kids with me?" She asked. "Baby, of course, I do but right now I didn't think we are ready yet" 

"Then when will we be ready, Joe. I'm 30 years old and I'm not getting any younger?" Jasmine asked crossing her arms, looking at me with tears in her eyes. I couldn't help to feel sad, I hate seeing her cry.