Chapter 8 | All Of Me

08. ALL OF ME

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

Valentine's Day was here, and Joe was acting a little weird. He didn't even talk to me as much this morning or when I left to meet up with Kennedy for girls out pampering. It was like he didn't care or something. 

I was cut out of my thoughts when Ken asked me something. "You okay?, Jazz," She asked.

"Yeah, what did you say?" I asked, giving her my full attention again. 

"Oh, well I asked what are you and Joe planning for Valentine's day today?"

"Well, I didn't know. He really didn't say anything about it, what about you Ken?" I asked.

"Well, my moms going watch Timothy for a week cause Jon surprised me ahead of time with a vacation to Bora Bora," She says excitedly.

"That sounds amazing, Joe and I been there. You are gonna have so much fun and when I mean fun I mean "fun fun" if you know what I mean" I teased her.

"Shut up!" Kennedy says, blushing with a laugh. 

"Well, I'm just kidding but anyways I gotta go. Have fun on your vacation" I said as I hugged her and then we both went our separate ways.

• • • • • •

"Joe??" I called out his name, there was no answer. I closed the front door and went to check the living room when it was empty. I then checked the kitchen and found a note on the kitchen counter. 

"Jasmine, I took the kids to my mom's house and I promise would be back soon."

"Alright then," I said, placing the note back down and going upstairs to put on something comfortable. When I got back downstairs, I walked into the living room and decided to turn the TV to watch my favorite show "supernatural".

It was nine o'clock at night and Joe was not back yet. I texted and called him thirty-two times and always got his voicemail. My phone started ringing and it was him, I answered the phone about to curse his ass out but he cuts me off. 

"I know, I know I'm sorry I didn't text you back or called you back," Joe says and I rolled my eyes. 

"Where the hell are you, Joe. I've been calling you???" I yelled on the phone. 

"I know and I know you are mad at me but you won't for long," He says. "Mhmm" 

"Jasmine, I need you to take a nice warm bath and then after getting all dried and moistened. I want you to go into our shared closet, there will be a black cover bag waiting for you after you found the dress. Call me back and tell me how you look at your first present" Joe informs.