Chapter 12 | Something In The Way

012. SOMETHING IN THE WAY

 SOMETHING IN THE WAY

• • • • • •

"Joe" I quietly called out, looking around the room and saw my doctor standing at the end of my bed. "Mrs. Anoa'i, It's good to see you awake," Doctor James says with a smile.

"Where's my husband," I asked rubbing my forehead. "Well, he stepped out to go get himself some food but he'll be back soon. Now, can you remember what happened?" He asked and I nodded.

Remembering coming home from grams' house to find Rachel kissing all of over my man in our living room; I shook my head, trying my best not to cry.

"Um, all I remember was arguing with my husband about something then I felt dizziness and then everything went black" I explained, not giving him the real tea.

"Okay, well I've already told your husband about what your treatment options are." Dr. James says and I frowned at him.

"My treatment options?" I asked. "Yes, for your low blood pressure" He replied.

"Oh, um did you tell him the cause of my low blood pressure?" I asked. 

"Tell me what?" Joe's voice coming up from behind the doctor and when he came into view, he looked like shit. His eyes were sad, puffy and red, he even had dark circles around his eyes.

Joe sat the food by the table next to my bed, "No, um but I thought that you would want to do that yourself" Dr. James says, smiling slightly.

"Tell me what? What is it? Are you okay?" Joe rambling on, wanting answers. "Yeah Joe....I'm just- pregnant"

"You're what-you're pregnant?" Joe asked with widen eyes, "Um, I'm gonna leave you two alone" Dr. James says, leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

"Yes" I answered, looking down at my hands. "No, No, No," Joe says, moving back and forth like crazy.

"You can't be pregnant, this has to be a joke right?" He asked and I bite the inside of my cheek while sitting up in the bed. 

"Are you fucking serious?, yes I'm fucking pregnant. Dr. James told me that I'm, at the beginning of the month when I was feeling terrible and throwing up every morning"

Joe covered his face with his hands and I honestly I don't want him to say anything because it was hard enough having him here, I'm so fucking angry with him but I was trying my best to breeze those feelings away for the sake of the baby. And when he said, is this a joke? I honestly can't believe he wasn't slightly happy about me being pregnant with our first child.

"I thought I made it clear that I wasn't ready!" Joe says. "Oh you made it clear that you aren't ready alright but honestly you should think about that when you nutted inside of me," I said raising my voice a little bit.