Seven

Jack was frightened by Garvan, as he had threatened him that he would hunt him down and hurt him worse if he said anything, therefore, he remained silent about what was happening to him. Garvan began sneaking into his bedroom every night to corner and scare him by waking him up with his palm over his mouth and his breath in his ear or he'd feel his heavy body on top of his. He'd try to ignore the fact that Garvan was getting more comfortable touching him, he wanted to deny everything that was happening. Garvan started taking up close photos of him, but Jack always tried to cover his face. Garvan grew upset by that, wanting to get a picture of his eyes, and pinned him down, forcing Jack to let him take a picture. As he fell more and more in love with him, Jack was beginning to hate him more and more. He couldn't take it anymore and he knew that if he let him continue, it'd be flat out sexual abuse. He had to stop it before it was taken too far.

Jack told his parents about Garvan, but they didn't take it to the police or even Garvan's mother. They simply boarded up Jack's window and told him to man up and that if Garvan came near him again, fight him off. Of course, he found other ways into the house to get to Jack and it grew worse, just as Garvan said. He was even rougher, more demanding, and started grinding up against Jack, leaving hickeys all over his neck. Garvan was heartbroken that Jack would betray him and share the secret they had with his family, but he continued his nightly visits until they graduated and Jack decided to move to California to attend college. Garvan was angry by this and found the state he moved to, but not his exact location. His obsession would never die.

Garvan convinced his mother that moving to California was the best thing for them, he promised her a better, more loving husband was waiting for her there and claimed he wanted to widen his education in America. His mother agreed and spent what money they had flying out to their new house with all their materials. They were near broke, but Garvan and his mother found careers to assist their living. It didn't take long for his mother to find someone she felt she loved and marry him, making them the 'Emerson' family. Garvan loathed his new father, but he was willing to put up with him if it meant he had a shot at finding Jack. Eventually, he would.

It took him a few years, but he managed to track him down and stalked his location, never letting Jack know he found him. He wanted to keep it a secret until he knew exactly what he wanted to do to Jack and spent his days taking more pictures of him whenever he wasn't at work, but this time around, Garvan's stalking was less innocent.

While they were in school, Garvan was stalking who he believed to be the love of his life. His intent was to get closer to him, but not hurt him. He loved Jack with all his heart, but this time, he wanted nothing more than to bring him pain. Jack had broken his heart by telling his parents about what was happening. It was an act of betrayal and Garvan wanted to train Jack to be his and to love him. He knew he couldn't get Jack's love by being the teenager he was, he knew he had to use brute force, therefore he decided he would, but he didn't think Jack would get admitted into a mental hospital after what happened.

Jack woke covered in a thin layer of sweat from his nightmare. His eyes were dry and a lump remained in his throat. He was sick of the same dreams. They would tear him apart inside and out. He hadn't meant to fall asleep, but it seemed to have taken him over like the sweat that covered his skin.

He saw a dinner tray on the desk in his room and sighed to himself, knowing he wasn't going to eat it. He took it and wearily walked into the main lounge, where he saw everyone watching a movie, men and women separated from one another. He set the tray down on the front desk and turned, nearly crashing into Mark, who was on his way to grab a cup of water.
"Sorry, Jack, didn't see you there," Mark smiled kindly and Jack gave a small one in return before spotting Cry, Dan, and Phil sitting together and watching the movie, an empty spot next to them, which they saved for him. "We watch a movie every Friday and Saturday night. We're watching Liar Liar today."
"Okay," Was all Jack could manage, but it was something and it caused the smile on Mark's face to grow.

"It looks like those guys saved you a spot, go join them," Mark encouraged and Jack nodded, going towards his friends and taking the empty seat. His heart was racing, he felt more nervous around Mark after craving him earlier. He was frustrated with himself.
"Hey, Jack!" Cry greeted him before getting shushed by other patients. He mumbled a quick apology and smiled at his friend while whispering, "We're gonna pull some pranks on some of the staff members tonight, you in?"
Jack laughed.

"Mark's a freaking miracle worker if he can drag some of you out after one session," Cry grinned and Jack shrugged his shoulders. They were shushed again, but neither of them really cared. Jack was beginning to feel proud of himself for breaking out of his shell little by little and Cry felt the same pride and beamed at him warmly. "I'll sneak into your room after the movie's done and let you in on more details, see if you wanna join us."