Fifteen

I quickly pull Mark down the hall, hearing him whimper in pain. Why is he whimpering? What the hell did they do to him?

I pause for a moment, checking my surroundings, when I see no one I look back at Mark.

He's looking down at the ground in pain, clenching his teeth to avoid making a sound.

"What did they do to you, Mark? Do you remember?"

Mark looks up at me worryingly.

"They kidnapped me.. that's all I remember." He says quietly.

"Okay." I say. "Come on."

Dan's POV

Jack has been gone for a while. I don't like this.

"Does it seriously take that long to cancel a prescription?" I ask out loud, worry lacing in with my words.

"I feel like I should've known he was lying!" Phil says, annoyed with his actions, facepalming himself.

"Same," I mutter.

I stand up and go over to look out the window. What I see warms my heart, yet breaks it a little.

Jack is helping a limping Mark down the hallway.

"Phil! They're back!" I say to him, my eyes widening in surprise.

"Are they okay?" Phil exclaims, running over to me and looking out the window.

He quickly backs up, and so do I, and he opens the door for Jack and Mark to come in.

Jack helps Mark through the door and he sits him down on the couch.

Jack goes to the small freezer to grab an ice pack, he gives it to Mark and Mark puts the ice pack on his right shoulder.

"Mark what happened?!" Phil practically yells.

"They kidnapped me." Mark says sadly.

Suddenly the phone rings.

I go over to answer it, when I pick it up nurse Abby is on the line.

"Hello?" She speaks.

"Oh nurse Abby, hi! It's uh, Dan. We're in Mark's room."

She laughs.

"Obviously. Can you put Mark on the phone, please, Dan?"

I pull the phone away from my ear.

"Um.." I whisper, they're all looking at me, as I are them.

Mark nods his head.

I put the phone back to my ear.

"Of course. Here," I say, handing the phone to Mark.

Mark's POV

"H-Hello?" I say into my phone.

"It's nurse Abby!" Dan whispers-yells.

I take the phone from my ear for a second, "Oh okay." I whisper, then put the phone back to my ear, "Hey Abby!"

"Hey Mark! Good news! You, Daniel Howell, Philip Lester, Sean McLoughlin and Garvan Prestona get out today at 7:30pm!"

My mouth drops open.

"Did I just hear what I think I just heard?" Jack asks, looking ecstatic.

"Yes! Uh, thanks Abby! What time is it now?"

"7:23. You all have time to pack your things you brought with you here. Have a good day Mark. Dont forget to visit me and stuff!"

"Of course! Bye Abby!"

"Bye Mark!"

"We get to leave!! Pack your things boys we ain't staying here for another second if we have to!"

"Done." Dan says, sprinting out the door without another word.

"Be right back!" Phil says, running after Dan.

"Well. I guess I'll get my stuff, too." Jack says, smiling.

God I love his smile!

"Yeah," I smile back, "me too."

He hugs me and I hug back immediately.

We part from the hug after a few seconds of just leaning against each other and Jack smiles and waves, leaving to go pack his things to get ready to leave.

I throw my fist up in the air with a "Yes!" and begin to pack my things.

Completely forgetting Garvan gets out too.

Omg is this the end of the first book of an amazing series?!!??!?! You bet it is! I can't wait to show you guys the second book I've been working on since when I was still in school 3 months ago!
I promise you guys, this is going to be an amazing journey for everyone to read.