29: Grace ~ Wake Up

Chapter Twenty-Nine

To wake up is a difficult task to do for some people.

For some it can be a struggle to get out of bed, whilst for others they don't want their dreams to be interrupted.

Well for some people, they enjoy waking up to a new day and fresh start, ready to face the daylight in a new positive being.

Personally I had a mixed opinion because... waking up for me meant escaping my horrific mind, but it also meant facing reality.

I didn't know which I preferred.

To wake up from my nightmares or to face the truth of my pointless existence in the world.

I had told Elliot this, in the hospital. It seemed like ages ago yet it had only been a several weeks.

I had told him a lot of things because he listened and understood without showing me any pity or disgust.

I appreciated that about him immensely.

When my eyes adjusted to the morning light, there was something different.

My dreams and chaotic mind didn't disturb me that night and it was the most peaceful sleep I have had in forever.

I shifted over to peer at Elliot's still face, his eyes closed and breathing deeply.

He looked so peaceful when he slept, like all the stress and worry on his face vanished.

Strangely, I wasn't embarrassed to be practically staring at him while he slept and wasn't afraid for him to wake up suddenly to catch me watching.

I felt like I was safe in his arms, both literally and metaphorically. I knew that he would always be there to guide me and keep in tact.

I felt like I belonged with-.

I felt my cheeks heat up at my wording.

I was still a teenage girl and realization hit me that...

Maybe I liked Elliot more than I should have...

I didn't want to hurt him or myself in the process so it was important for me to watch those feelings.

There were already enough people in my life that I had lost and I definitely didn't want to lose him.

Putting my thoughts on hold for the moment, I gently sat up on the matress, trying not to disturb Elliot and took out a book from my bedside table and began to read my mind away to a place elsewhere.

~Grace