Chapter 1

༄༄

༄༄

My fur whipped through the trees, as I pushed myself to keep running. Deep throaty growls were heard from behind me as I ducked past branches and trees. My paws ached and it felt like my whole body was on fire; the claw mark on my stomach was not doing me any better either.

I quickly turned my head around as I counted how many wolves there were. Four. Four wolves I counted and they were quickly started to gain up on my trail. My adrenaline was going through the roof right now and my body tried to keep up with it but it failing miserably at it.

"Hurry! we have to keep going if we want to make it out of here alive!"

"I know, I'm running as fast as I can Madison."

But in reality, I wasn't. At any moment right now my body will give out and it will all be my fault. My mind was slowly becoming fuzzy and I started to feel light-headed, but I have to keep going if I want to meet my destination.

"Ariana let me take over, you've done enough already. And not to mention, you need your rest." I looked at her and the reassurance in her eyes made me relax. I weakly smiled and let her take control of our body, and as I laid down and my eyes slowly started to flutter shut, and I could only let out one last sentence.

"Reach them before it's too late Madison, before we lose them." Then everything went black.

༄༄

Ariana's POV*

Beep
   Beep
      Be-

I slammed my hand on my alarm to make it finally shut up. I groaned and rubbed my eyes to adjust the sunlight that is making its way threw my window.

I sighed as look at the time on the alarm, 6:45, I only got 15 minutes to get ready. I pulled my thick covers off me and sat up letting the cold air hit my warm body.

My feet hit the freezing floor as I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the water and stripped down and stepped in the shower.

My shower lasted about five minutes, as I stepped out and dried myself off. I was putting on a white shirt with ripped black jeans and my black and white vans with my black leather jacket.

I made my way downstairs to the smell of bacon and pancakes. My dad and my brother were sitting down at the table while my mom was making everybody's plate.

"Good morning." my dad said without looking up from his newspaper

"Hey honey, how was your sleep?" my mom asked as she kissed my cheek and put the plates on the table.