chapter 10

"The people who consider you weakHave not yet noticed the wolf hiding behind your eyes, nor the flames inside your soul

Have not yet noticed the wolf hiding behind your eyes, nor the flames inside your soul.
~
Let them think you are weak and do
What wolves and fire do best
~
Surprise them when they least
Expect it."

Xavier's pov*

The wind glided through my fur as I ran through the woods. I was still dripping with heat as I tried to push the current events out of my mind.

I wasn't always the cold-hearted alpha, wolves said I was. It was a time where I and my brother both had are innocents. Not knowing what life was bringing in the future.

Past time
Year: 2008
Xavier age: 10
(A/N: Past time is going to be used in italic and bold front. And the present time is in regular font.)

I laughed as me and my bother both tackled each other on the ground. I held his notebook tighter in my hand as I tried not to let him get it.

"GIVE ME MY BOOK BACK!" Abe semi yelled at me.

"WHY SO MOM AND DAD won't FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR LITTLE SECRET!" I yelled but I made 'little secret' louder as I did try to let mom or either dad here me. Abe suddenly stopped his movements and he looked at me with flaring eyes.

"What did you just say?" He said lowly. I gulped, but I want going to get tripped up by his 'I wanna be deadly' voice.

"Yeah, I know all about your little crush on JESSI-" he covered my mouth before I finished trying to make one of my parents to hear me yell out Jessica's name. He didn't want my parents to hear because he didn't want my mom getting his hopes high about her probably being his mate, and my dad bring his hopes down by saying 'what if she's not and you got all worked up about a girl that wasn't your actual another half.' I knew he did not want to hear again.

I bit his finger and he rolled off of me as he grunted out in pain at his hurting finger.

"When I get my hand on you, I'm going to skin you alive, you little squirt."

"And I'll bite the rest of them and I'm pretty sure that your finger is bleeding. I did bite it quite hard you know." I faked concerned voices he just glared at me.

"You might want to let the pack nurse check it out, so she can fix it or something." He rolled his eyes and got up. I held the book tighter to my chest.

"It'll heal, but what I'm going to do to you is not going to heal not "quit" as fast as my finger." Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. I looked at him and I asked the question I always wanted to ask him.