Chapter 13

A/n: first I just wanted to say think you for the 1k reads! and I hope you are enjoying this story so far like me!❤️ Dont forget to vote and comment, it only takes a second!
-Siyani❣️
--------------------
Ariana's pov*

Not being able to sleep sucks deeply. I've been tossing and turning all night and not to mention, feeling random pains on my stomach and my hand. I grunted and sat up on the side of the bed; holding my aching tummy, I got up and heading to the door, opening it up and heading downstairs.

I walked into the large kitchen and turned on the lights, I headed to the refrigerator. I opened and grabbed a cold bottle of water and took a sip of it. Sighing in satisfaction, as the cold liquid glided down my throat. Putting the cap on the bottle after I was done drinking it, I leaned my back against the island crossing my arms across chest and licking my dry lips.

My mind couldn't help but wonder where that Xavier is at. I stared out the window that gave me a clear view of the woods on the side of this big mansion. Its been a couple of hours since he left after our fight. Sighing at the thought I wondered if it was his pain I was feeling. We might not be fully mated but we can feel each other's pain.

Questions swam around my head. Is he hurt? Is the damage bad? Who was he fighting? Is he dead? I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. Why would I care if he's dead, he deserves everything that gets thrown at him 10x harder if you ask me. Madison growled and whimpered at the thought of our mate being hurt. She was pacing around in my head, then she spoke.

'He keeps blocking me out. I keep asking him if he's alright, but he won't answer.' Whimpering she sat down on her hind legs.

Sighing I rubbed my temples. If he walks in here high and jolly I'm going to kick him I where the sun does not shine. Grabbing my water and drinking it, I felt a presence behind me. Stopping mid-way, I turned to the figure. Whoever the person was walked closer and the moonlight showed on his face and the familiar scent hit my nose.

"What are you doing up so late?" Ace's hard voice spoke. It was weird because I didn't sense anyone else here but me.

"I could ask you the same thing." My eyes narrowed.

"Well I'm up because I need to guard this place," flicking on the lights, he pulled out a stool from under the table and sat on it. An aura of tiredness gloomed over him. He leaned his head on his pointer finger and thumb, eyes still trained on me.

"He really told you to do that? Bastard." I groaned irritation clear one my voice.

"You can go home, I didn't mean to make you stay up this late." pulling my body to face him completely. He chuckled and folded his hands together. His snicker didn't really have any meaning behind it. He sat up straighter and spoke,

"I think I would if I could, but I don't make the rules." pursing his lips. I really didn't know why Xavier made Ace stay here. I mean, the threat was serious but there was really no need for him to make Ace stay if he was going to make more guards patrol the outskirts of the pack. But knowing him probably did this to keep me trapped here so I wouldn't try to flee this place.

"Well, speaking of the devil, do you know where he's at?" curiosity spoke for me. Switching from foot to foot, I mentally scolded myself from sounding so desperate to know where Xavier is. Ace smirked and just by telling from the glint in his eyes, he was ready to tease me.

"Why? Are you scared that he's hurt?" My eyes closed as I took a deep breath in and out. I can practically hear his smirk growing wider as I try not to snap because it will give away my unwanted intentions. Opening them up again, I glared at him,

"For your information, I am not. I-'m just curious if he's just doing his job as alpha.." he looked at me like he just heard the dumbest thing in the world, so I already know he noticed what I really wanted to know.

"Im just going to pretend you didn't just say that."

"Please do, " I smacked my hand on my forehead at my stupidity. He laughed and and it made me feel warm inside to know that he actually has a soul and not always so serious.

"Great, just rub it in more why don't' cha!" I smiled and he massaged his forehead. The laughs died down and he ran his fingers through his dry but looked wet hair and sighed. Back to seriousness.

"I really don't know where he's at either, " making direct I contact with me, he continued, "I mind linked him, because he should of been back from the meeting he had with the wolf elders, but as you can tell, he not here." playing with my fingers, fear crept up from the pits of my stomach and was just playing there.

'stupid mate bond'

But quickly replacing my fear, anger swooped in. My mind want lack to what the boy 'Jason' said,

"Are you going to tell Alyssa?"

Alyssa. The name kept replaying in my mind like a roller coaster that's going in circles. The anger in me didn't do anything but spread wider like fire in a woods. My hands balled into first as my Madison began to surface. I could feel my eyes going hazel to black as I tried to push her down.

'Who is this Alyssa..' bearing her teeth; a low, deep throaty growl escaped her.

'Madison, calm down.' growling deeper her eyes narrowed. I should've known this would happen.

'Please.' l begged as rubbed her head softly. She stopped shortly after and groaned,

'fine..' she slumped down and closed her eyes. I rapidly blinked and shook my head. Taking a deep breath I looked up and stared at Ace's face that held concerned from the earlier scene; and I asked the question I've been holding for long.

"Ace, who is Alyssa?" He looked taken aback by the question and before he could answer, the doors burst open and in came the most beautiful, giant black wolf. The scent of cinnamon and rain hit my nose like a bag if bricks. Blood coated his beautiful shiny fur as he grunted. I stared shocked and took a step forward. Then in sync, me and Ace both said,

"Xavier?!"

---------------------